+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SETTLING IN MISSISSAUGA V/S BRAMPTON V/S SCARBROUGH V/S NORTH YORK

DANNY25

Star Member
Aug 9, 2010
Hi Friends,

Can I please request the landed / prospective immigrants to share their thoughts on settling down in mississauga / brampton / scarborough / north york discussing the following aspects... (I am from India (Gujarat) and an Accountant by profession...)

WEATHER
JOB
TRANSPORTATION FACILITIES (INTERNAL)
INDIAN COMMUNITY
COST OF LIVING

Thanks
Danny

amitsach

Aug 15, 2010
Mississauga and Brampton are full of Indians as compared to Scarborough and N. York. You can enjoy a social life there and, job opportunitities would be higher in S and N.York and commuting too.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
DANNY25 said:
Hi Friends,

Can I please request the landed / prospective immigrants to share their thoughts on settling down in mississauga / brampton / scarborough / north york discussing the following aspects... (I am from India (Gujarat) and an Accountant by profession...)

WEATHER
JOB
TRANSPORTATION FACILITIES (INTERNAL)
INDIAN COMMUNITY
COST OF LIVING

Thanks
Danny
U r talking about a 50 kms radius (approx.), driven by 80% ppl who work in either of those places on a daily basis, to & fro. It wouldn't make much difference vis-a-vis the specs that u have mentioned.

The factor determining residence in Scarborough or N. York is ease of commute. U get to board the TTC -subway/busses. Reach locales in a jiffy. But the rentals r a shy pricier.

Brampton or Mississauga has their own transit & better preferred by pax who has a personal vehicle to commute between Toronto-Downtown & rest of the GTA. But here u get to enjoy more spacious accommodation &@cheaper prices.

Safety wise Scarborough is a tad lower than the other 3. Mississauga being the best. Weather & Indian community (does it make difference?) remains the same in either of the locations. Toronto & it's neighborhoods r an epitome of multi-culturalism.

Qorax

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Good Info Qorax...

Satish

DANNY25

Star Member
Aug 9, 2010
@ amitsach : thanks for sharing and would request you to keep sharing

@ captain Dutta : I have no words to describe how greatful I and other forum members are, of yours.. a big thanks to u once again...