+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Settlement Services

daphnevwong

Jun 15, 2022
Hi Everyone!! My name is Daphne Wong and I'm a Settlement Worker at Catholic Cross-cultural Services. Settlement workers provide assistance on issues relating to settlement concerns including but not limited to: Employment, Language Training, Citizenship Classes, Citizenship Applications, etc. that new immigrants face when making Canada their new home. Services are free as they are funded by IRCC but are for eligible clients: PR Card Holders, Convention Refugees, and Caregiver program.

CCS has received Go Transit Passes to support newcomers to Canada (people who have been living in Canada for less than 3 years) and support groups (people who have been living in Canada for 4-7 years)

The Go Transit passes will provide support packages to acquaint newcomers with access to GO train and bus services in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton areas for traveling back and forth to work, leisure on the weekends to check out all the beautiful places Ontario has to offer, and/or appointments or visiting friends and families. Furthermore, children 12 and under ride FREE on our buses and trains, students traveling with a PRESTO card receive a 40% discount off their travel at all times.

Contents of the NEWCOMER Package (living in Canada less than 3 years):
PRESTO Card (activated to only charge 50% a single ride) for travel on the GO bus or train only (good for 3 months)
Transit Map, details on planning trips, safety, PRESTO, helpful tips
Complimentary weekend pass
Products to take advantage of (discounts to attractions in the GTHA – ie. Hockey Hall of Fame, CN Tower)

All packages are good until August 31, 2022.
Please feel free to message or email me (dwong@ccscan.ca) if you're a newcomer and interested in this package.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
That is not the domain name of Catholic Cross-Cultural Services and should be considered suspect and possibly a scam.

If someone wants to check they should google and contact the actual organisation. Taking anyone up on free offers on the internet is a recipe for getting ripped off.

daphnevwong

Jun 15, 2022
That is not the domain name of Catholic Cross-Cultural Services and should be considered suspect and possibly a scam.

If someone wants to check they should google and contact the actual organisation. Taking anyone up on free offers on the internet is a recipe for getting ripped off.
This is not a scam and I’m a Settlement Worker in the organization as part of outreach. If you see the email I put forth: dwong@ccscan.ca, that is the email to contact for more information.

The Newcomer packages must be picked up in person at 55 Town Centre Court Unit 401, Scarborough at Catholic Cross- cultural Services.

My telephone number is 416 757 7010, Extension 2235.

Please feel free to verify my information and call Catholic Crosscultural Services asking for Daphne Wong as a settlement worker. Many have already picked up their Newcomer Packages

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This is not a scam and I’m a Settlement Worker in the organization as part of outreach. If you see the email I put forth: dwong@ccscan.ca, that is the email to contact for more information.

The Newcomer packages must be picked up in person at 55 Town Centre Court Unit 401, Scarborough at Catholic Cross- cultural Services.

My telephone number is 416 757 7010, Extension 2235.

Please feel free to verify my information and call Catholic Crosscultural Services asking for Daphne Wong as a settlement worker. Many have already picked up their Newcomer Packages
Your first email had a typo in the email address and leads to a different organsiation, suggest you correct that link or remove it. So thank you, you've mostly removed my concern.

(I'd still suggest those interested check carefully, as with any internet offer)

daphnevwong

Jun 15, 2022
Oh I didn’t realize myself. Thanks so much for pointing it out! I appreciate you expressing your concern and see now why you mentioned that. I will go edit the post promptly.

it’s considered an internet offer but has to be picked up at the office :)

Reactions: armoured

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
We have so many spammers on this forum, and that was my first impression as well.

:) May be add the location of this service "Greater Toronto and Hamilton area" to the title if you can still edit the title.

Reactions: daphnevwong

daphnevwong

Jun 15, 2022
And sorry if my response (the first one) seemed harsh, but there are a lot of spammers here, and some scammers.
Thanks so much for clarifying! I didn’t even notice the typo in my email. If I could, I would have posted my entire flyer, but I’m still not too sure how to do that yet, thanks for clarifying with me :)

daphnevwong

Jun 15, 2022
We have so many spammers on this forum, and that was my first impression as well.

:) May be add the location of this service "Greater Toronto and Hamilton area" to the title if you can still edit the title.
Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I’ll see if I can make that change :)

Reactions: YVR123