+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Settlement Online Pre-Arrival (SOPA)

dinach

Dec 6, 2015
Settlement Online Pre-Arrival (SOPA) is a virtual hub providing guidance and pre-employment supports designed to help newcomers find and retain employment in Canada. By participating in SOPA, immigrants will arrive in Canada better prepared, more confident and enter the workforce sooner.
Available Courses:
• Soft Skills: Professional Communication
• Soft Skills: Working with Others
• Job Search Strategies
• Canadian Workplace Integration
• Working in Canada
Eligibility:
To be eligible for the SOPA program, participants must:
• Currently live outside Canada
• Received approval from CIC to immigrate to Canada
• Recommended English level (IELTS) level 5.5 or higher
• Have access to a computer and high speed Internet

More Information: mosaicbc.com/looking-work/sopa
Register at: settlementonlineprearrival.ca

dinach

Dec 6, 2015
Hi there,
Just wanted to add that the program is funded by CIC and it is free of charge for eligible participants.
After taking online courses people feel more prepared for their settlement and job search in Canada.
Please let me know if you have questions about the program.

tetunte

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-08-2015
IELTS Request
26-05-2015 with application
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
July 31 2016
dinach said:
Hi there,
Just wanted to add that the program is funded by CIC and it is free of charge for eligible participants.
After taking online courses people feel more prepared for their settlement and job search in Canada.
Please let me know if you have questions about the program.
I already enroll in SOPA (Saskatchewan), I found it very useful, I plan to start next week to take the first course

Thank you for sharing, Are you a SOPA Student ?

dinach

Dec 6, 2015
Here are some testimonials about the program: "This course was all that I was expecting, since it helped me obtain very valuable knowledge of what do Canadian employers expect from potential employees.
Before taking the course I had very few knowledge about this, and right now I feel more confident going forward in my job search."

Fastener

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
I have yet to receive MR. can i start taking courses?

"Received approval from CIC to immigrate to Canada""

dinach

Dec 6, 2015
You need to have one of the following documents:
-- Permanent Resident Card
-- A letter notifying pick up of Canadian visa (visa for permanent resident applicants only)
-- A medical notification/security notification letter
-- A Canadian visa
I hope it helps. If you still need clarifications, let me know.

Ns@2016

May 20, 2016
Guys If you are PNP and awaiting PR, you are also eligible for SOPA.I have already attended few courses and they are pretty impressive. I am NS nominee and awaiting PR.(AOR April 2016)

Milsrome

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
CA
LANDED..........
July 2017
Get help before arriving in Canada – Pre-arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). One of these is Settlement Online Pre Arrival (SOPA). SOPA offers FREE Online Courses that will help pre-landed newcomers to find and retain employment once they arrive in Canada. SOPA is a province specific program and is offered in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Ontario, Alberta and the Atlantic Provinces. The earliest you can register for the program is when your PR application is at the Medical Stage or received a Letter from Visa office to Register for Pre-Arrival Services. You will meet (online) with an Intake Counsellor to discuss your settlement needs and have the chance to register for the courses. The courses focuses on job searching, developing Canadian resume/Cover letter, applying for job, the importance of soft skills, gaining awareness of Canadian workplace and culture. For registration, go to the link and a staff will contact you once registered http://www.arriveprepared.ca/

Jan 10, 2019
Hie there
I wish to know if it is possible to find a job in canada before actually arriving there. And if so..how do i go about with the process. Any advise?

enerst

Jan 11, 2019
Hie there
I wish to know if it is possible to find a job in canada before actually arriving there. And if so..how do i go about with the process. Any advise?
i am also interested in finding employment so that i can be in a position to apply for my visa..Kindly assist if your get some infor

enerst

Jan 11, 2019
Any sites you could recommend as i am interested in securing a job offer in-order to be able to apply for my visa. Any information would be much appreciated. I am an Honours degree graduate in finance with 3+ work experience in the Banking sector.

NirNil

Apr 1, 2019
India
Hi There,

I have applied under family class spousal visa and my status got changed to "Decision made" on 14th June 2019. Also, I have received a letter of Pre-arrival service from IRCC. As per the eligibility criteria to avail SOPA courses, one should have IELTS score but as I mentioned above,I have applied under family class, I have not taken IELTS exam. My question is, Is there any way to avail these courses without having IETLS score?

Thanks