+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Settlement in different province than the one through which PNP is approved.

Dutta1503

Jun 16, 2021
Hello All,

My PR is through PNP route ( Sask ) . At the time of landing , My SIN was registered in Ontario and address was also given for same province .
If you could assist in clarifying the below queries for the PNP settlement :

1. settlement in another province while the PNP is from another province. What do the guidelines say for us to stay in the respective province for the citizenship / RO .
2. Can we immediately move to another province with or without a job or is there a waiting period.
3. will we face issues while renewing the PR.
4. If we move to another province , while renewing PR do we have to go through the original province from where we were nominated or we can do through the province in which we would be staying currently.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
You receive PNP for a province under the auspice that you are supposed to live there. If you have accepted PNP from a province you never intended to live in, you are effectively committing immigration fraud.

You should settle in the province of which you received your PNP and work in that province. The general rule of thumb is that you should remain there for five years. Or at least until you have exhausted any and all avenues of getting gainfully employed, within that province, before you move to another one.

Dutta1503

Jun 16, 2021
You receive PNP for a province under the auspice that you are supposed to live there. If you have accepted PNP from a province you never intended to live in, you are effectively committing immigration fraud.

You should settle in the province of which you received your PNP and work in that province. The general rule of thumb is that you should remain there for five years. Or at least until you have exhausted any and all avenues of getting gainfully employed, within that province, before you move to another one.
Thanks for the reply. This statement of yours , is it official or just hearsay. Any document is there to support the statement. Why I am asking is because we are getting quite conflicting replies for this query.

Manojgdv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Hello All,

My PR is through PNP route ( Sask ) . At the time of landing , My SIN was registered in Ontario and address was also given for same province .
If you could assist in clarifying the below queries for the PNP settlement :

1. settlement in another province while the PNP is from another province. What do the guidelines say for us to stay in the respective province for the citizenship / RO .
2. Can we immediately move to another province with or without a job or is there a waiting period.
3. will we face issues while renewing the PR.
4. If we move to another province , while renewing PR do we have to go through the original province from where we were nominated or we can do through the province in which we would be staying currently.
Hi,

How did you end up finally. Were there any challenges while renewing your PR or citizenship? How long did you stay in same province?
I am also in same boat, I got my PR through Ontario province, finished soft land and got my PR card, but I am planning to settle down in BC.Is that fine?

Can you share your experiences?