Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,

I have recently got a FD(Fixed/Term Deposit) started in my name, can anyone tell if there is any specified amount of time that i should wait before sending in the application?

another question, I have been told that if the funds are recent, one has to provide proof related to the source of money. is that so?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no particular period of time you have to keep the funds. You only have to show that you have the required amount of liquid and unencumbered funds available when you send in your application, and possibly again at the local VO stage, and definitely again at landing.

At the local VO stage, it is possible that the VO will ask for further financial information including several months worth of bank statements, or information about the source of the funds. They can really ask any question they want, so you should be prepared to answer. So long as the funds are really yours and from a legitimate source you have nothing to worry about.

opindersinghbuttar

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future_canadian said:
There is no particular period of time you have to keep the funds. You only have to show that you have the required amount of liquid and unencumbered funds available when you send in your application, and possibly again at the local VO stage, and definitely again at landing.

At the local VO stage, it is possible that the VO will ask for further financial information including several months worth of bank statements, or information about the source of the funds. They can really ask any question they want, so you should be prepared to answer. So long as the funds are really yours and from a legitimate source you have nothing to worry about.
thanks for the info ... the help is appreciated.