+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

settlement funds/proof of funds

Discussion in 'Provincial Nomination Program Immigration' started by dajay15, Nov 7, 2018.

  1. hi guys! just want to ask for my friend who is having worries with this issue..we are provincially nominated last year.and we applied for the permanent residency and got aor last february 2018..the thing is do we need to maintain the required amount of settlement funds in our banks? does the CIC/IRCC checks the amount in our bank? are they still doing random checks of funds after nomination? please do reply thank you very much!
  2. It is always advisable to keep the sufficient amount of funds in your bank account (or any gift deed/FDs) which you have showcased in your application earlier.
  3. Respected Sir and Our Respected Experts.....
    I want to Know About Proofs of Funds that... When I will get ITA...Then how to show Proofs of Funds??
    Means If Me and My Wife are Coming to Canada and i Selecting 12500 CAD to 15000 CAD..So Is it
    compulsary old fund or it could be near about 6 to 7 months old
  4. You can check multiple forums (and CIC website as well) to find out what is acceptable as PoF, generally, its cash assets which are on your or your accompanying spouse's name like your bank balance, Redeemable Fixed Deposits, gift deeds (by parents) etc. Immovable assets such as house or jewelry can't be shown as PoF.

    You should know the cutoff limits of the funds required as per CIC website - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html . Any sudden influx of money in your account in recent months should be explainable with proper documentation. Basically they want to check that you have not got the funds by means of any short term loans, so they want to see your average balance for last 6 months.
    meena-kjp likes this.
  5. Thank You So Much Yaadi_787.

Share This Page