Waived
Passport Req..
27th February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
25th February 2015
LANDED..........
9th June 2015
Hi,

I am moving to Halifax on 9th June 2015 and I had a few doubts regarding Settlement funds & Health Insurance:

1.) I have a job offer in Halifax and am scheduled to join on June 17th. If I produce this offer letter, would the IO be interested in POF?

2.) I want to be sure that I get through immigration. So I am not leaving anything to luck. I still want to carry POF. I have funds in my Indian SBI Bank acct but I have seen posts on the forum where the IO has rejected the bank statements from India. I do not have time to create a bank account in Canada at this point in time. SBI Bank does not provide traveller's cheque. Is it ok if I apply a traveller's card and load it up with the amount needed for POF and then show its statement as POF?

3.) I get comprehensive health insurance from my employer for myself and my wife from the 1st day of employment. I need to have some health insurance coverage for my first week in Canada. Can you please suggest how to go about this?

Please do share your thoughts on this.

Regards...

goldenbrown

Jan 11, 2011
Vancouver
SonOfOdin said:
Hi,

I am moving to Halifax on 9th June 2015 and I had a few doubts regarding Settlement funds & Health Insurance:

3.) I get comprehensive health insurance from my employer for myself and my wife from the 1st day of employment. I need to have some health insurance coverage for my first week in Canada. Can you please suggest how to go about this?

Please do share your thoughts on this.

Regards...
If you need temporary insurance while you are waiting for work benefits to kick in you can search through the insurance plans offered by Canadian companies at

https://arbetovinsurance.com/visitorstocanada/