+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Settlement funds from parents

kaushalyap

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Hi all,

I'm applying for EE and don't have the required settlement funds (CAD 12k). But my father is ready to give me the required amount of money and he'll be borrowing the same from a bank under his name. If he gives me the money with a gift deed, will there be any hassle.

Awaiting for a quick reply...

Thanks. :)

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaushalyap said:
Hi all,

I'm applying for EE and don't have the required settlement funds (CAD 12k). But my father is ready to give me the required amount of money and he'll be borrowing the same from a bank under his name. If he gives me the money with a gift deed, will there be any hassle.

Awaiting for a quick reply...

Thanks. :)
its actually 12.2k , or they probably increased it slightly...
the whole point of showing proof of funds is that you dont take a loan to get that amount... even if your father gives you the money, signs on a gift deed saying this is not a loan, but just a gift to my son and that amount is not to be returned, i'm pretty sure IRCC will ask for fathers bank statements also to prove that it wasnt a loan...

you can probably go ahead and submit it without your fathers bank statement, but it will increase chances of rejection significantly.

best thing to do would be sell real estate or car or jewellery or something... and give the receipts of the item sold saying this was mine or my fathers or whatever and prove you didnt borrow the money...

good luck

anushapadi

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello ,

I have submitted POF (Bank letter it shows i have the avg balance from last 4 months)
along with i submitted my 6 months bank statement and Gift deed from my father and his bank statement too.

Only problem in the Gift deed by mistake he mentioned my account no instead of his account no .

Is it ok ?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anushapadi said:
Hello ,

I have submitted POF (Bank letter it shows i have the avg balance from last 4 months)
along with i submitted my 6 months bank statement and Gift deed from my father and his bank statement too.

Only problem in the Gift deed by mistake he mentioned my account no instead of his account no .

Is it ok ?
did you submit your dads bank statement also ?

anushapadi

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I have submitted by father bank statement too (last 6 months )

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anushapadi said:
Yes I have submitted by father bank statement too (last 6 months )
it should be OK i think...
but if you feel that it may create an issue or you dont want to take a risk, then raise a CSE..

anushapadi

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the help..

Can you please explain how to raise a case to CSE :)

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anushapadi said:
Thank you for the help..

Can you please explain how to raise a case to CSE :)
did you get the AOR letter? it should be in your CIC profile.

If you open that letter, on the 2nd page there is a link for CSE, you can raise it yourself... its quite self explanatory.

Good luck mate

anushapadi

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Mate for the wishes i will follow the same ...

thestunner316 said:
did you get the AOR letter? it should be in your CIC profile.

If you open that letter, on the 2nd page there is a link for CSE, you can raise it yourself... its quite self explanatory.

Good luck mate