+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Settlement Funds - Expert Advise Required

Sunny Malhotra

Mar 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all, what should we include for settlements funds? i.e. Bank certificates or 6 months bank statements? Does SBI/Yes bank provides these kind of certificates?

Then, there are multiple suggestions on whether we can use spouse bank statements along with primary applicant or not. Me and my spouse have 50:50 ratio of funds in our individual accounts. Some have suggested that we can use whereas some have suggested not to use as only primary applicant POF are accepted. Just wanted to know if any one has used spouse statements and those worked?

Secondly, Pls suggest for joint account statements, is it Ok to have spouse as Primary account holder and me as secondary account holder? Will it make any difference to IRCC?

I also wanted to know whether can I add myself as Joint account holder to my spouse account which is with her before marriage. This means last name would be different for both of us. More, Address would show as her address before marriage. Would that be OK? I believe, last name and address difference can be proved through marriage certificate. Pls suggest.

On extension to above point, would that be OK if we transfer all of her money to new joint account? Do we need any affidavit/LOE to prove that amount has been transferred from old account to new joint one? Should we enclose statements from both the accounts in this case?

Last point I wanted to clarify is, whether EPF and PPF would be considered as POF? In some of the threads I have read it would be accepted in case of Delhi VO. Is anyone used and it got accepted?

Appreciate expert advise...

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
Sunny,

CIC just need to verify that you have liquid cash as per their guidelines to settle in Canada. if you are doing a joint application than a joint account is fine.
you should have have taken a loan or have debt for the cash you show in your bank account. To confirm that info you either present a certifcate/portofolio with average monthly balance for last 6 months or present your 6 month bank statement.
I believe all bank will provide you with some sort of a statement or certificate.

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
Sunny Malhotra said:
Any other experts who faced this situation pls suggest.
ok to use joint accounts, doesnt matter if you're the principal as long as you're named as the account owner. funds should be in the account for at least 6months, if you create a new joint account (like when you add your name to your spouse's account) then make sure the statement says that the account was created 6months ago (or longer) otherwise you cant use it.