+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Settlement Fund - Landing Question

santor

Jun 3, 2016
Hello All,
I tried searching this forum with no luck. I would like to know,
1. when my spouse lands as an immigrant (i will be accompanying her - i am the sponsor) - do we need to show settlement fund proof? Shall I tell the officer that I will be taking care of her? I am a canadian citizen working for a canadian company.
2. Also - we will land around 9:30 PM and I believe the SIN # kiosk is not open - shall I go next day to Service Canada? and
3. What about the PR card - I read in this forum that all we need to do is give a Canadian address - is it so? what about photos? I see many people are being asked to re-submit photos again?
Please Advise -thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,
I tried searching this forum with no luck. I would like to know,
1. when my spouse lands as an immigrant (i will be accompanying her - i am the sponsor) - do we need to show settlement fund proof? Shall I tell the officer that I will be taking care of her? I am a canadian citizen working for a canadian company.
2. Also - we will land around 9:30 PM and I believe the SIN # kiosk is not open - shall I go next day to Service Canada? and
3. What about the PR card - I read in this forum that all we need to do is give a Canadian address - is it so? what about photos? I see many people are being asked to re-submit photos again?
Please Advise -thanks
1. proof of settlement funds are not needed on landing if you sponsor a spouse. You already had to prove you could support your partner in Canada.
2. You can go to Service Canada whenever it is open
3. Yes you’ll need to provide Canadian address. Photos need to meet certain specifications are thry can be denied.

santor

Jun 3, 2016
Thanks Canuck78!
For Point # 3, Do we have to provide pictures again or the one came with COPR? we have one pic attached to COPR and the one came separately (basically what we sent along with PP request)?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Do we have to provide pictures again or the one came with COPR? we have one pic attached to COPR and the one came separately (basically what we sent along with PP request)?
You bring those photos with you. (Typically they only use the one attached but bring the other too just in case)

Reactions: canuck78