+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Settle in Edmonton

Sep 24, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
Hello Friends,

I have been a long time visitor of various forums and threads on this website. I am settled in Edmonton, Alberta for over 5 years now and think it is time to help back those who are looking for answers regarding settlement Immigration and settlement in Canada.

Cheers & best wishes.

j33vanb

Oct 2, 2016
Hi,

I got PR last month, i was SINP applicant.
Is it mandatory to land in same destination city which is mentioned in our COPR.
Is it fine if we move outside of province.
I don'd find any related jobs to my skill set in Saskatchewan.
When I called to SINP office,they told that they may ban me for 2 years and CIC may ban me for 5 years but when I asked same question in email then they said
"As a permanent resident of Canada, I can live and work anywhere in Canada without any restrictions" which one is true?

Can you please give advise based on your experience.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Reactions: Manbirsingh

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Is it mandatory to land in same destination city which is mentioned in our COPR.
When I called to SINP office,they told that they may ban me for 2 years and CIC may ban me for 5 years but when I asked same question in email then they said
"As a permanent resident of Canada, I can live and work anywhere in Canada without any restrictions" which one is true?

Thanks,
But Edmonton is not in SK!

Sep 24, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
Hi,

Thanks,
Hi !

My apology for the delayed response as I was badly caught up with some work.
However, answering your question I believe it is mandatory to land in Province if your PR is provincially sponsored.

I know a family friend who also had SINP and they landed in Saskatoon and received their Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR) over there at the airport. However, since they didn't find any job there for few days and were also probably living in a hotel for that time period which was a very high cost. Eventually they found someone known in Edmonton and they decided to move here. Stayed for some time, gradually found employment too and now I must say are well settled.

Please do not quote me on this as I am not an immigration expert, so I do not know what exactly are the terms and conditions for a Provincially sponsored PR.

Hope this info might help you a little bit. Please feel free to ask if you need any further help.
Would try to respond as soon as possible.

Cheers & Good Luck !

Reactions: Manbirsingh

Manbirsingh

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Hi !

My apology for the delayed response as I was badly caught up with some work.
However, answering your question I believe it is mandatory to land in Province if your PR is provincially sponsored.

I know a family friend who also had SINP and they landed in Saskatoon and received their Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR) over there at the airport. However, since they didn't find any job there for few days and were also probably living in a hotel for that time period which was a very high cost. Eventually they found someone known in Edmonton and they decided to move here. Stayed for some time, gradually found employment too and now I must say are well settled.

Please do not quote me on this as I am not an immigration expert, so I do not know what exactly are the terms and conditions for a Provincially sponsored PR.

Hope this info might help you a little bit. Please feel free to ask if you need any further help.
Would try to respond as soon as possible.

Cheers & Good Luck !
Hi, now did they got citizenship or renewed PR card?
Does they face any problem like anyone asked why they moved from nominated province?

Manbirsingh

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
They already received their citizenship in 2019. As far as I know they didn’t need to renew their PR card as they completed the citizenship before PR card expiry.
Thanks for ur valuable feedback.
It means there will be no any problem in moving if we are not getting any job. Me also looking for moving because of no job from last 2 months.