+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Setting up for success with TRV - Questions by me, please answer :D

Daveo52

Oct 1, 2013
Hello,

My fiance is planning on coming to Canada on a TRV. She is Vietnamese and there are a few problems with the TRV process and her country. The first one is strange. She believes there is corruption and unless she bribes officials, they will likely reject her. This is near impossible, right? These are Canadian workers, if I assume correctly, so this kind of corrupt practice should not be a reality... right?

That's the least of my worries though.

Second, the Canadian government wants to make sure she will return to Vietnam. For this, they are requesting bank accounts plus details. The problem is, in Vietnam, many people don't trust the bank. They don't have a good banking insurance system like we do in Canada, and their banks have caused them a lot of problems in the past. Most people hold USD and hard gold as currency (they don't even have a lot of the Vietnamese currency, they just trade for it when they need it). So... how important is this. Also, how much currency is enough to convince Canada that she will return?

Third, how bad does it look if she does not want to return to Vietnam (ie, we get married and she wants to immigrate to Canada)? Will this cause a red flag to come up and her to be rejected? I just want to do things as legitimately as possible, but they're supposed to be convinced that she will return.

Thanks,
Dave

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
Daveo52 said:
Hello,

My fiance is planning on coming to Canada on a TRV. She is Vietnamese and there are a few problems with the TRV process and her country. The first one is strange. She believes there is corruption and unless she bribes officials, they will likely reject her. This is near impossible, right? These are Canadian workers, if I assume correctly, so this kind of corrupt practice should not be a reality... right?

That's the least of my worries though.

Second, the Canadian government wants to make sure she will return to Vietnam. For this, they are requesting bank accounts plus details. The problem is, in Vietnam, many people don't trust the bank. They don't have a good banking insurance system like we do in Canada, and their banks have caused them a lot of problems in the past. Most people hold USD and hard gold as currency (they don't even have a lot of the Vietnamese currency, they just trade for it when they need it). So... how important is this. Also, how much currency is enough to convince Canada that she will return?

Third, how bad does it look if she does not want to return to Vietnam (ie, we get married and she wants to immigrate to Canada)? Will this cause a red flag to come up and her to be rejected? I just want to do things as legitimately as possible, but they're supposed to be convinced that she will return.

Thanks,
Dave

First, let's not malign a whole country based on a person's opinion.

The theory behind TRV is simple, tell the visa officer your reason to visit and convince them that you'll return to the home country by showing them ties to home. This usually includes property in your name, a sustainable job, family ties, other assets like cash and valuables that convince the visa officer you can sustain yourself in your home country

If she gets her TRV and she comes to Canada, you can get married here and you can sponsor her to become a Permanent Resident. That'll be an inland sponsorship.

The second option is that you get married in vietnam and you can sponsor her to become a PR from here in Canada. that'll be an outland application.

All the information is available on CIC's website. Read up