+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Setting up business in Canada & Business Immigration

AvizSiv

Nov 24, 2016
Hello Friends

I am currently planning to setup a company and have a 50/50% partnership with a person in Canada who is permanent resident since few years, and soon will be getting his citizenship.

After forming up a company.
Does it helps me to apply for Business Immigration / PR on the basis i have a company setup and running?

Please guide me few steps.

My plan is to move with my wife and kids. And run business in Canada.

Thanks for your guidance.

bharatchem

Sep 8, 2018
Hello,
Even I am working and now looking for business opportunities in Canada as self employed.

Apart from investment route, what are different options we may look for?

I had done my master and CRS 378. To which province we should attempt? My intention only to get PR and no job prospects.

Please share your experience or small research if you have done. We can help each other.

Bharat

sgniceman

Dec 16, 2012
Hello Friends

I am currently planning to setup a company and have a 50/50% partnership with a person in Canada who is permanent resident since few years, and soon will be getting his citizenship.

Does it helps me to apply for Business Immigration / PR on the basis i have a company setup and running?

This is gray area, many consultants and lawyers say "yes" but chance is 50/50
You still have go through the process of applying LMIA, work permit.... The risk is what do you do with business established

wayneleung

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
I am on the same page too. looking for chance to open a business in Canada and immigrate. I am open to run or not to run the business. my field is education and IT.

Atlantico

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Hello Friends

Edit: (I missed your point about Business Immigration)
If you are thinking about applying for PR under Entrepreneur streams, then NO, or more precise: VERY LITTLE. The fact that you have 50% share in a business only gives you some points toward your point calculation. You can NOT use that business as investment project for your entrepreneur PR project if it has been set up. To be qualified for entrepreneur PR, the business project must be reviewed and approved by local immigration office, or by CIC in cases of Start-up visa.

Atlantico

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
This is gray area, many consultants and lawyers say "yes" but chance is 50/50
You still have go through the process of applying LMIA, work permit.... The risk is what do you do with business established
The grey area is actually in what the OP means when he asked about "Business Immigration".
Precisely, there is nothing called "Business immigration" program in Canada. If OP is talking about Entrepreneur immigration programs, then it's not grey any more. It's clear: Entrepreneur must submit there business plan for approval BEFORE coming to Canada to implement it.
And if you are talking about LMIA, WP..etc, I don't think it's "Business immigration". It's worker immigration.