+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Setting up an ecommerce business while on WHV work permit

alexsmith2015

Dec 27, 2015
I've been in Canada since june 2014 and I have very little time left here. (Not enough points for Canadian PR) and now I want to set up an online store in Canada as I'm finding it extremely difficult to register this in the US.

I have a working SIN number/drivers license etc.

I will NOT be operating in the Canadian market. I just want to register the online only business here (Im in Alberta)

ALL my customers and ALL the suppliers of my products are in the USA. US based suppliers generally don't mind if your company is registered in Canada as long as it's not in say Egypt for example. Therefore the income I will earn will be in CAD and I will be paying taxes in Canada. No goods will be shipped across to Canada what so ever/maybe in the future that will change but for right now I solely want to do business in the US.

What options do I have here. What work arounds have people used? I seriously hope somebody has an answer. Thank you

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
One Non resident of USA can register Business in USA and fo rthat you have to hire a third party (service Provider) to get register for you and the cost would be around USD 2000 for non resident to get registration and EIN (Employer Identification Number)

Nuvin

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
alexsmith2015 said:
I've been in Canada since june 2014 and I have very little time left here. (Not enough points for Canadian PR) and now I want to set up an online store in Canada as I'm finding it extremely difficult to register this in the US.

I will NOT be operating in the Canadian market. I just want to register the online only business here (Im in Alberta)

ALL my customers and ALL the suppliers of my products are in the USA. US based suppliers generally don't mind if your company is registered in Canada as long as it's not in say Egypt for example. Therefore the income I will earn will be in CAD and I will be paying taxes in Canada. No goods will be shipped across to Canada what so ever/maybe in the future that will change but for right now I solely want to do business in the US.

What options do I have here. What work arounds have people used? I seriously hope somebody has an answer. Thank you
Hi there

I am also interesting in operating a ecommerce business in canada with all legal registration etc. I live in Canada please keep in touch .

Thanks

smily_S

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
7-1-2015
File Transfer...
7-1-2015
Med's Request
26-08-2015
Med's Done....
19-9-2014 & 2-9-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2015
Im interested. would u please send me procedure how to start?

babyshamini14

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018

Hi have you started your business

NINA_777

Sep 2, 2020

What’s wrong with Egypt ?!