+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Setteling in Canada-Need your kind advice/suggestions

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Ali Rizwan said:
One more thing guys....will appreciate your guidance....what is the minimum amount required to star a small business....any idea ..suggestion...discussion.....will be gratful....
It really depends on what the small business is. You could set up a consulting/advisory company for merely the cost of incorporation (<$100) or you could buy a Tim Hortons franchise for more than $1 million.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
torontosm said:
It really depends on what the small business is. You could set up a consulting/advisory company for merely the cost of incorporation (<$100) or you could buy a Tim Hortons franchise for more than $1 million.
I thought it costs half-a-mil (+tax) for Tim Hortons franchise. But who knows, it can be as high as 1 mil in Toronto :eek:.

[Source: http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/team/franchise-ca-faq.php]

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rossei said:
I thought it costs half-a-mil (+tax) for Tim Hortons franchise. But who knows, it can be as high as 1 mil in Toronto :eek:.

[Source: http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/team/franchise-ca-faq.php]
I think the chances of getting a new franchise in a decent location are virtually nil, so you have to purchase one in the secondary market which makes it more expensive.

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
torontosm said:
I think the chances of getting a new franchise in a decent location are virtually nil, so you have to purchase one in the secondary market which makes it more expensive.
Other than that, you can buy a small grocery store or a small tea shop after some research or stall in a Farmer Market from CAD 40k to 150K (Calgary). But come prepare to work as labour in market first, normally people coming have to start as labour then Taxi drive and then as a professional, but not all are the same. If Oil industry has a boom you can start as Cad 22/hr, but now days industry is little slow so you might not even find a job in Oil patch, just to tell you Oil jobs in Western Canada need lots of physical fitness.

Best way is to try to find a survival job and once have DL done then you can try for Cab. But on a positive side you might be lucky to get a job here in Canada as a Banking professional may be after six months-who knows.

Omar7000

Sep 28, 2014
Hai I am from Mayanmar.i am a rohinga muslim of Mayanmar.
1 year ago me and my family run out from Mayanmar to Bangladesh.
As I hope you know the reason why we run away from Mayanmar.
Bangladesh goverment.didn't give us permission to live in BD.I hear that canada govt.help rohinga muslim for resettlement in Canada.
now my question is.
1.how could i apply for visa.
2.i have a orginal passport of Bangladesh which I got by a broker.
3 .And I have good skill in Driving and basic computer.
Please badly need to resettlement.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
Omar7000 said:
Hai I am from Mayanmar.i am a rohinga muslim of Mayanmar.
1 year ago me and my family run out from Mayanmar to Bangladesh.
As I hope you know the reason why we run away from Mayanmar.
Bangladesh goverment.didn't give us permission to live in BD.I hear that canada govt.help rohinga muslim for resettlement in Canada.
now my question is.
1.how could i apply for visa.
2.i have a orginal passport of Bangladesh which I got by a broker.
3 .And I have good skill in Driving and basic computer.
Please badly need to resettlement.
see here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp