Jul 8, 2015
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2017
Service Ontario messed up my Marriage Certificate by putting the wrong date of marriage. Now I need to wait even longer to get my Marriage certificate!
My iec expires September 12th and I'm applying outland to Sydney office.
I cannot get an open work permit.
I'm going to lose my job and it doesnt look like they can hire me back on if they terminate me.
Is there anything I can do? My union said it doesn't look good they probably won't be able to get my job back. I don't know who to turn to or what avenue to go down. I feel it is unfair that I could lose my job because of an error by service Ontario.

Any help would be appreciated

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
they put the wrong place of birth on mine for my husbands.. it said DOMINICA as opposed to DOMINICAN REPUBLIC... so i called them and asked for a supervisor and she asked me to fax in proof that we added dominican republic... i included the application as well as the form that was signed and filled out by our officient AND the copy of his passport that states DOMINICAN.... i had the corrected version in about 5 days.. had to send the old one back and i did... but i would call them for sure and DONT let them tell you that you need to pay for another one... try and see if your union can write a note as well to state that your job is at jeoporady or something so that they rush it... they will say they cant but they can :)

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Service Ontario messed up my Marriage Certificate by putting the wrong date of marriage. Now I need to wait even longer to get my Marriage certificate!
I'm going to lose my job and it doesnt look like they can hire me back on if they terminate me.
Is there anything I can do? My union said it doesn't look good they probably won't be able to get my job back. I don't know who to turn to or what avenue to go down. I feel it is unfair that I could lose my job because of an error by service Ontario.

Could you apply inland instead and hope the OWP comes through in time?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

You need to seriously complain at Service Ontario so that they issue you a new certificate urgently. As said above, they can most definitely issue a new one within days.

I don't often advise inland to an Australian but with your employment situation, it is something you should really consider. Many people are now receiving the OWP in only a few months, so if you applied inland soon, there is a very good chance that you would have the OWP by the time your IEC expires.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
What I don't understand, is even if you're applying outland, and your marriage certificate was perfect and you sent all your documents in and they received them tomorrow, you still would NOT have your PR and be able to continue working when your IEC expires. There is no way they are going to get a PR application done in 3 months or less ...

I am with Canuck on this one. While inland (wiith OWP) is not a preferred method for someone from Australia, it is likely your ONLY option to be able keep your job beyond your IEC expiry date.

honeymelon

Jul 8, 2015
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2017
What I don't understand, is even if you're applying outland, and your marriage certificate was perfect and you sent all your documents in and they received them tomorrow, you still would NOT have your PR and be able to continue working when your IEC expires. There is no way they are going to get a PR application done in 3 months or less ...

I am with Canuck on this one. While inland (wiith OWP) is not a preferred method for someone from Australia, it is likely your ONLY option to be able keep your job beyond your IEC expiry date.

Unfortunately I cannot get an OWP. I thought I could go down that road so I got married, started all the application process then found out about LMIA. I work in a call center so any Canadian can do that job.

I was supposed to receive my Marriage cert a month ago. Called them as I hadn't received it yet and they advised that it was wrong so it will take longer to process to correct. We faxed letters and cic paperwork to rush it. Called them today and finally it was sent yesterday.

I knew that it would be a close call a month ago if I sent it in. But someone told me it would be 2-6 months so I had a little hope.

Is the information I was given correct? 2-6 months for Sydney office?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Unfortunately I cannot get an OWP. I thought I could go down that road so I got married, started all the application process then found out about LMIA. I work in a call center so any Canadian can do that job.

I was supposed to receive my Marriage cert a month ago. Called them as I hadn't received it yet and they advised that it was wrong so it will take longer to process to correct. We faxed letters and cic paperwork to rush it. Called them today and finally it was sent yesterday.

I knew that it would be a close call a month ago if I sent it in. But someone told me it would be 2-6 months so I had a little hope.

Is the information I was given correct? 2-6 months for Sydney office?
??

You don't need an LMIA. It's an OPEN work permit issued solely on the basis of submitting an inland PR application.

honeymelon

Jul 8, 2015
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2017
??

You don't need an LMIA. It's an OPEN work permit issued solely on the basis of submitting an inland PR application.
Wow I've had so much conflicting information!
The document checklist says:
If your employer obtained a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) form Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), provide a copy of
the LMIA and a copy of your job offer letter from your prospective employer.

If your employer is exempt from obtaining an LMIA from ESDC, your employer must provide you with the Offer of Employment number for inclusion in
your work permit application form.

If IRCC authorized your employer to submit the Offer of Employment using the IMM 5802 form, provide a copy of the IMM 5802 and proof that your
employer paid the Employer Compliance Fee.

My employer is a big company who's HR doesn't really want to help. They don't want anything to to with my application. I really don't need any of this LMIA?

honeymelon

Jul 8, 2015
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2017
If I could get an open work permit it would solve all my problems

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Wow I've had so much conflicting information!
The document checklist says:
If your employer obtained a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) form Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), provide a copy of
the LMIA and a copy of your job offer letter from your prospective employer.

If your employer is exempt from obtaining an LMIA from ESDC, your employer must provide you with the Offer of Employment number for inclusion in
your work permit application form.

If IRCC authorized your employer to submit the Offer of Employment using the IMM 5802 form, provide a copy of the IMM 5802 and proof that your
employer paid the Employer Compliance Fee.

My employer is a big company who's HR doesn't really want to help. They don't want anything to to with my application. I really don't need any of this LMIA?
The document checklist is generic. You don't need an LMIA. Select "Open Work Permit" on the IMM5710 and leave the employer section blank.

Reactions: honeymelon

honeymelon

Jul 8, 2015
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2017
Wow! you saved my life!!
I can't thank you enough!

honeymelon

Jul 8, 2015
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2017
The document checklist is generic. You don't need an LMIA. Select "Open Work Permit" on the IMM5710 and leave the employer section blank.
You've really helped me a lot. If I get an OWP approved by september 12th that means I get to keep my job. My pension, benefits, lifestyle.

Let's hope the OWP is approved! I can't thank you enough..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You've really helped me a lot. If I get an OWP approved by september 12th that means I get to keep my job. My pension, benefits, lifestyle.

Let's hope the OWP is approved! I can't thank you enough..
Happy to help. Good luck!