+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

seriously how long is it gonna take?

tanzirmahim

Mar 26, 2020
applied in march 16th for may intake via vfs global, not a single update since then, not even a ghost update, gc status says 'processing your background check' for almost two months now. what's happening?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
applied in march 16th for may intake via vfs global, not a single update since then, not even a ghost update, gc status says 'processing your background check' for almost two months now. what's happening?
A pandemic is happening and only skeleton staff is processing study permits. Defer admission until the fall.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
What's happening? Seriously? Well, there happens to be a pesky little pandemic killing hundreds of thousands of people that has essentially brought most of the world to a standstill...

tanzirmahim

Mar 26, 2020
What's happening? Seriously? Well, there happens to be a pesky little pandemic killing hundreds of thousands of people that has essentially brought most of the world to a standstill...
its not about that, it's the uncertainty. i don't care if it's an approval or not just want the decision if it's negative then i should know about it sooner so i can start my program here in a local university. the wait is frustrating is all i meant to say.

indsaurav

Oct 22, 2019
Yes they are processing I've applied on 9th march i got few mails from them they all said "they are working on my application". I applied online in SDS category. I got differed my intake to fall but when i had applied for study permit my admission letter was for May intake so now how can i update my new Admission Letter(which is for fall intake) or i have to make new application with this new Admission Letter. Anybody have any idea please help. I would be much obliged.

tanzirmahim

Mar 26, 2020
Yes they are processing I've applied on 9th march i got few mails from them they all said "they are working on my application". I applied online in SDS category. I got differed my intake to fall but when i had applied for study permit my admission letter was for May intake so now how can i update my new Admission Letter(which is for fall intake) or i have to make new application with this new Admission Letter. Anybody have any idea please help. I would be much obliged.
at lease you're getting mails. anyway so what you can do is upload your new LOA in gc key status page although i didn't do it. someone here told me not to since they will automatically readdress it as a fall semester application.

Reactions: indsaurav

indsaurav

Oct 22, 2019
at lease you're getting mails. anyway so what you can do is upload your new LOA in gc key status page although i didn't do it. someone here told me not to since they will automatically readdress it as a fall semester application.
I haven't update my LOA but I sent my new LOA via mails to both Canadian high commission in india and immigration office at Ottawa. Although I don't what's gonna happen.

tanzirmahim

Mar 26, 2020
not really, technically no one can tell you for sure here but it's also logical to upload your new LOA there. i haven't because mine was already valid till 2021.

indsaurav

Oct 22, 2019
not really, technically no one can tell you for sure here but it's also logical to upload your new LOA there. i haven't because mine was already valid till 2021.
But LOA should be specific about a particular intake i couldn't get you about your LOA validity.
Can you explain more ?

tanzirmahim

Mar 26, 2020
some universities provide you LOA's that are valid for more than one upcoming semesters such as mine and it was mentioned in my LOA. my university even mailed me about how I won't be needing a new LOA since it's valid for winter 2021.