+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Serious Trouble :(

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
I have a question regarding Post Graduate work permit. I came to Canada to pursue my master's degree in 2016. Since then I was a full-time student until September 2018. As a course requirement, I have to complete four 8 weeks practicum fieldwork placement in different settings.

The curriculum is designed in such a way that a student can not complete 2 placement in a single term. So I have been registered as a part-time student for fall term 2018 and winter term 2019. I have already completed my fieldwork scheduled for this fall term and now I am waiting to complete my next fieldwork from January to February 2019. I will be done with my degree requirements after that. So could you please provide me information whether I am eligible to apply for PGWP or not as it's not my fault to be a part-time student in final 2 terms but due to the design of the course curriculum.

so my question is I am a part-time student in my final 2 terms not by choice but due to the design of the program. so would I be eligible to apply for PGWP after completion of my program?

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
I have a question regarding Post Graduate work permit. I came to Canada to pursue my master's degree in 2016. Since then I was a full-time student until September 2018. As a course requirement, I have to complete four 8 weeks practicum fieldwork placement in different settings.

The curriculum is designed in such a way that a student can not complete 2 placement in a single term. So I have been registered as a part-time student for fall term 2018 and winter term 2019. I have already completed my fieldwork scheduled for this fall term and now I am waiting to complete my next fieldwork from January to February 2019. I will be done with my degree requirements after that. So could you please provide me information whether I am eligible to apply for PGWP or not as it's not my fault to be a part-time student in final 2 terms but due to the design of the course curriculum.

so my question is I am a part-time student in my final 2 terms not by choice but due to the design of the program. so would I be eligible to apply for PGWP after completion of my program?
Understanding your concerns, I'd suggest you to apply for PGWP and including the acceptance letter. Also, to get 3 years of PGWP, you need to study for 2 years which you already have from 2016-2018 as a full time student or so I think. So, I do not think there would be any problem in getting your PGWP approved.

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Understanding your concerns, I'd suggest you to apply for PGWP and including the acceptance letter. Also, to get 3 years of PGWP, you need to study for 2 years which you already have from 2016-2018 as a full time student or so I think. So, I do not think there would be any problem in getting your PGWP approved.
Some people were saying that we can be part time student only on final terms. So being part time on 2 terms affect my eligibility for the PGWP?

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
As far as I understand, you have finished 2 years of full time studies from 2016-2018 and now you are a part time student correct ?

How many terms did u study ?
4 terms or 6 terms with 2 being part time?

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
As far as I understand, you have finished 2 years of full time studies from 2016-2018 and now you are a part time student correct ?

How many terms did u study ?
4 terms or 6 terms with 2 being part time?
6 terms full time and 2 terms will be part time.

Last edited: