+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

serious medical problem

marunovak

Oct 27, 2010
I come from czech republic. I have spent a couple of months traveling in canada and now would love to subscribe to a live in caregiver program and this way ask for PR.
the trouble is i have some medical problems, but dont know if they would see it as a serious. could possibly cost guite a bit of money - biological medicine, but not all patients with this illness do get in general.
Does anyone know where it oculd be possible to find out more about it? what is serious and what not?
thank for all tips and advices

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
What kind of medical problem?

marunovak said:
I come from czech republic. I have spent a couple of months traveling in canada and now would love to subscribe to a live in caregiver program and this way ask for PR.
the trouble is i have some medical problems, but dont know if they would see it as a serious. could possibly cost guite a bit of money - biological medicine, but not all patients with this illness do get in general.
Does anyone know where it oculd be possible to find out more about it? what is serious and what not?
thank for all tips and advices

marunovak

Oct 27, 2010
it is anchylosis spondyl artrithis. some people with this illness can do guite well and some not, but they never know where will the illness get them.

filbert

May 25, 2010
Hi. I think the only serious medical issues are those of HIV, hepatits B and TB. Mostly communicable diseases. Good luck.

arron

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
Along with that, any medical illness which could be expected to be a drain on the canadian medical system may be grounds for ineligibility. According to my reading we're talking around the range $10,000- $15,000 over several years, so multiple surgerys. If your condition is controlled and the main cost of it is in prescription drugs then they will not see an issue, as Canadian health care won't be paying those costs anyways.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
arron said:
Along with that, any medical illness which could be expected to be a drain on the canadian medical system may be grounds for ineligibility. According to my reading we're talking around the range $10,000- $15,000 over several years, so multiple surgerys. If your condition is controlled and the main cost of it is in prescription drugs then they will not see an issue, as Canadian health care won't be paying those costs anyways.
But if surgery cannot be ruled out, the potential costs could be a bar to getting PR. Is there anyone who knows where to go and whom to ask to get an official answer before preparing an elaborate PR application?