+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SERIES OF QUESTIONS; DOCUMENT CHECKLIST/CRS POINTS/Letter of employment

pammyy

Feb 18, 2015
Hello, (please help as I am honestly confused, sorry if the questions might sound silly)

1. I have a CRS score of 415, I did a pre-university degree in Canada, undergrad degree in Canada, IELTS band score 7.5 currently working NOC Code 0714. Is there any other way to increase my score? While I was in university I worked about 5 different jobs throughout my 4yrs (I've included these as well NOC Code 1221, 1211, 6421, 6711). Is there hope for me to be picked or should I work on increasing my points (and how can I work on that?)

2. I have a couple of friends that were invited to apply (one had a score of 455, the other 469). When you are invited to apply, is the document checklist personalized for you or is there a standard that everyone must follow? Do I have to get reference letters from all the jobs I listed in my profile (they were all in university and it would be difficult to get but I can try).

Please any tips anyone can give I'd really appreciate, I strongly feel I should start gathering documents so I can prevent delays when I'm invited. Thanks so much in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pammyy said:
Hello, (please help as I am honestly confused, sorry if the questions might sound silly)

1. I have a CRS score of 415, I did a pre-university degree in Canada, undergrad degree in Canada, IELTS band score 7.5 currently working NOC Code 0714. Is there any other way to increase my score? While I was in university I worked about 5 different jobs throughout my 4yrs (I've included these as well NOC Code 1221, 1211, 6421, 6711). Is there hope for me to be picked or should I work on increasing my points (and how can I work on that?)

Do you have at least 8 in L and 7 in R/W/S? If not, that is one clear way to increase your score.

2. I have a couple of friends that were invited to apply (one had a score of 455, the other 469). When you are invited to apply, is the document checklist personalized for you or is there a standard that everyone must follow? Do I have to get reference letters from all the jobs I listed in my profile (they were all in university and it would be difficult to get but I can try).

You will need to provide reference letters for all jobs that you're claiming and getting points for in CRS. You will get a personalized checklist post ITA but you can see a generic checklist here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Please any tips anyone can give I'd really appreciate, I strongly feel I should start gathering documents so I can prevent delays when I'm invited. Thanks so much in advance.

pammyy

Feb 18, 2015
I just checked and my IELTS scores are Reading 7.5 Writing 6.5 Listening 8 speaking 8. Do you think I will get much of an increase in my crs points if I increase my writing?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pammyy said:
I just checked and my IELTS scores are Reading 7.5 Writing 6.5 Listening 8 speaking 8. Do you think I will get much of an increase in my crs points if I increase my writing?
Depending on your education credentials and experience, a half point increase in IELTS could increase your Skills Transferability scores considerably.

Check for yourself - use the CRS calculator tool and input 7 in Writing instead of 6.5 to see what happens with your score and decide for yourself.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp