+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sequence of Events.

optimus1509

Star Member
Oct 10, 2015
Folks,

I am a prospective CEC-inland applicant and wanted to know when exactly is the best time to do medicals and Police clearance.

I have not yet created an EE profile, so far i have my language scores and WES ECA is in progress. Should i apply for PCC right now? should i also do medicals for myself and my spouse? what is the validity of these?

If i do it now, i don't want to have to re-do them later.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Folks,

I am a prospective CEC-inland applicant and wanted to know when exactly is the best time to do medicals and Police clearance.

I have not yet created an EE profile, so far i have my language scores and WES ECA is in progress. Should i apply for PCC right now? should i also do medicals for myself and my spouse? what is the validity of these?

After you receive an ITA (invitation to apply). Since you have not yet submitted your profile, it would be premature to do the medicals now. Medicals are valid for one year. You should (usually) wait until you get the ITA to do medicals.

PCCs - "that depends." If you need a PCC for a country where you no longer live (and do not expect to return), you can get those any time, the sooner the better.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence.html#police

"To immigrate to Canada, you and any family members 18 and older must include your police certificates as part of the application for permanent residence. You need one for every country, other than Canada, where you stayed for more than 6 months in a row.

If you need one from the country where you currently live, it must have been issued within the last 6 months.

If you need one from a country where you lived in the past, it must have been issued after you last lived in that country. If it has an expiry date and is now expired, include it. We will let you know if you need a new one."

Reactions: optimus1509