+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September Visa 2019

Lia3105

May 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am really worried about the outcome of my student visa application, and I am seeking for some advice that would ease my mind somehow.
The reasons that make me worried about my study permit are as follows:

- I have previously been studying architecture in France for 3 years and had to drop for serious personal reasons. However, I left the country as soon as I dropped and I don't hold any criminal record or infraction or whatsoever.

- The following year, I headed to Turkey to complete my studies, but the equivalency and the quota made that I was registered to interior architecture, and started over my undergraduate studies. I passed successfully and ended up the 2nd of my department, along with merit scholarships.

-The reason why I opted for another country after France rather than coming back home, is that in my country the high school diploma expires after 2 years, so in order to access higher education, I needed to retake the exam. (which is a long process)

- During my stay in Turkey, I have been approached by a recruiter from Concordia, who strongly advised me to apply which I did, and received my admission in MDes (Master of Design) on 27th February, with a fellowship administered by the Fine Arts department.

- During the spring break, I decided to have a trip to Europe as it has been a while I haven't been there and wanted to share the experience with my Turkish friends as I have already travelled many countries while I was living there. My visa got surprisingly refused stating that I did not provide enough information regarding the purpose of my stay. (I believe I have given all the required documents, my friend got theirs, but we ended up not travelling.)

- Lately, I have been acknowledged by Concordia that I was granted a scholarship exempting me from paying tuition fees at the international rate, basically, I would be paying like a Canadian resident. ( I heard that this information should not be mentioned in the SOP, since they are looking for students who are more likely to invest money in the country, is that true?)

I believe for all these reasons and my age which is 26. I won't be able to get my student permit as some elements might probably discourage an officer from allowing me a permit regardless of my academical success. (Also, I have no intention to stay in Canada, I kind of half settled in Turkey for personal and professional opportunities reasons, I am just looking for doing research as I am willing to become a professor at the university I graduated from).

I would like to have your opinion and if there is anything I can do to avoid a misunderstanding while I am applying it would be really helpful!

deepthigajula

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
y
To my knowledge, its processes in Delhi office. I have applied on 10th April and waiting for the results.
yes it will reach Delhi office. I applied on 15th April its been 22 days i just got only acknowledgement letter after biometric. ive not done my medicals yet....they are taking forever :9

rahuljoy62

Star Member
May 4, 2019
well i just guessed it...since I got acknowledgement from Delhi VAC.
That may be high commission has a backend service like the acknowledgement letter will be from Indian consulate. But as of my knowledge our file will be checked in Canada. Because already Delhi and Bangalore has lots of paper application to process.

deepthigajula

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
That may be high commission has a backend service like the acknowledgement letter will be from Indian consulate. But as of my knowledge our file will be checked in Canada. Because already Delhi and Bangalore has lots of paper application to process.
ohh...i havent done my medicals yet :( by the way any idea once medicals is done howmuch time it takes to update ?