+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 Spousal Sponsorship OUTLAND (Paper/Online)

cps001

Jul 8, 2021
Do you live and work the in US? I think one of the requirements is to proved that as a sponsor you will live in Canada.
Yes, at the moment I live in USA and work in the USA. I am planning to come to Canada as soon as her PR is approved, is that okay?

can I work in USA by commuting daily and live in Canada with her?

Zee95

Mar 5, 2023
Update 2:

If your 'Background Verification' in the Tracke shows not started, it has high likeliness to be completed after CoPR.

BUT, if it shows 'In progress', it might be undergoing further security screening undertaken by CSIS/CBSA.

'Updated' means nothing these days.
Ppl with application history showing later than Mar 20 progress are still having the same 'Updated date' as we are.

You can rest assured if the eligibility shows 'in progress' since the background verification may already have been done.
If there's no further investigation conducted by CSIS/CBSA, your background verification will skip to completed after CoPR details/Pre-arrival letter.
Which means... if your bc is showing 'in progress', it may take even longer time to process(undergoing further investigation).

Wait and hope our Pre-arrival letter come soon. As I said previously, may the luck be with us.
Everything in my tracker says complete however in GCKEY everything is in progress…. What to trust?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Does seeing COPR in tracker indicate anything??
PPR is coming very soon. It depends on the VO which your file is at. Ottawa VO has biweekly schedule of PPR sending. Other VOs seem to be more flexible and the PPR might arrive in a couple of days after COPR starts to show up.

ERimis

Dec 26, 2022
What does receiving pre-arrival services indicate ?
Eligibility assessment passed, though someone said Pre-arrival letter means nothing, it is related to Eligibility assessment these days according to GCMS notes.

ERimis

Dec 26, 2022
Everything in my tracker says complete however in GCKEY everything is in progress…. What to trust?
Tracker. You're in the finalization process of the application. It requires an officer finish this manually. So either you will see CoPR detail in Tracker soon then wait for PPR, or this officer does nothing but holding the application until he/she finished all check-ups.