+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 Spousal Sponsorship OUTLAND (Paper/Online)

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
My husband received his passport back yesterday with the Visa stamp. We were filled with joy. 4.5 years of long-distance relationship including 1 year of long-distance marriage, We can't wait to hold each other's hands again.

Hope you all receive good news soon, and unite with your long-waited loved ones.
Congratulations.

lenuxii

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
That is good to hear, hope it will al work out. Will I need to change my address with ircc when I arrive on the visitor record or should I leave it the same?
We changed our address on the PR tracker and I also sent them a webform to let them know that my spouse will be visiting me with my address. We didn't know what we needed to do at the time so we just let them know and do what we could at our end.

bunnycat

Mar 23, 2023
Did you send in the whole passport or just a photocopy of the bio page?
Photocopy!

This is what it states in my PPR email

"If you hold passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or hold passport(s)/travel document(s) issued by the United States, you DO NOT need a Permanent Resident Visa to be affixed in your passport. Please do not send your original passport(s). You are required to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member."

Reactions: SLCtoYEG

moshal29

Dec 14, 2019
I am the sponsor and I used my lawyer as the representative. However, sometimes I dont know if the lawyer has the same amount of interest and zest we have to close the distance. I applied from my nigerian husband and the file is at the Accra Ghana Office. for the last 11 months Can I write IRCC myself?
They decline your we form and say u arent a rep. U paid the rep for the services so u have every right to prayer him. Mine is also at Ghana VO 9 months in at background check stage. So disturb your rep well. Also Ghana has a record of taking their time.

Annie503

May 2, 2023
They decline your we form and say u arent a rep. U paid the rep for the services so u have every right to prayer him. Mine is also at Ghana VO 9 months in at background check stage. So disturb your rep well. Also Ghana has a record of taking their time.
Please let us always keep in touch so we can compare timelines since we are at the same VO office. When did you apply?

moshal29

Dec 14, 2019
Sure
I got applied sept 24th online
AOR Dec 6th
Confirmation of sponsor dec 15th
Medical request march 23
Background check in process

That's the update as at today
Standard timeline is about 19months, so we just have to wait

aryo

May 16, 2023
I really need your help guyz!!
I submitted outland spousal papers on September 23, 2022
Got confirmation on January 4, 2023
And started processing my application on January 3, 2023
And after that got nothing! It's about 8 months from submission!

Is it normal? Like at this step everyone are so faster than this! Am I wrong?
Is calling them a good idea to find out what's happening?
How long you guyz think it gonna take to have my wife here based on similar situation?

Safi S

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
I really need your help guyz!!
I submitted outland spousal papers on September 23, 2022
Got confirmation on January 4, 2023
And started processing my application on January 3, 2023
And after that got nothing! It's about 8 months from submission!

Is it normal? Like at this step everyone are so faster than this! Am I wrong?
Is calling them a good idea to find out what's happening?
How long you guyz think it gonna take to have my wife here based on similar situation?
No biometrics or medical yet ? If not u should inquire about it

Safi S

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
No none of them!
How can I inquire about it? Why it's like that?
You can generate a web form or call IRCC if you have Aor. But have you checked with your spouse as principal applicant gets medical & Biometrics request. It is very strange people with your timeline have already recieved ppr

aryo

May 16, 2023
You can generate a web form or call IRCC if you have Aor. But have you checked with your spouse as principal applicant gets medical & Biometrics request. It is very strange people with your timeline have already recieved ppr
Thanks for your information!

JM0930

May 20, 2022
Submitted in May but returned missing signature.
September 20, 2022 - submitted
December 1 - request updated police check
December 2 - SA approval
December 28 - received Police check
January 19- medical x3 dependants
January 19- eligibility in progress
April 19- medical complete
April 19 - background in progress

Nothing since. Eligibility is still in progress. VO is Mexico. Biometrics complete from visitor visa application. Does background take longer because of the dependants? They are under the age of 12.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hello all,

Anyway from London VO here?

No updates since medical passed in December.
As last checked with MP a month back the background and eligibility process has not yet started.

Application submission aug 31 2022!