+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 Spousal Sponsorship OUTLAND (Paper/Online)

Fuegotorres

Star Member
Dec 1, 2022
Received PR card, please take a look at my timeline if you'd like for the whole process, took about 8 months for us total from start (submission of application) to end (PR card received). We're outland US-Canada for context, he visited me so the rest was done through virtual landing (all processes in the timeline). I hope you all luck in the world and hopefully your waiting will end soon. Best of wishes!
What is virtual landing? My Medicals are all done, background in progress. I am from the US and am going to stay with my wife on visitor record while I wait for copr. Is that possible?

vicky0143

Feb 26, 2020
United States
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-12-2019
Nomination.....
21-05-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
11-08-2020
My Timeline:

Paper Application
Sep 20 - received
Dec 13 - AOR
Dec 14 - SA
Dec 22 - Medicals completed
Biometrics - completed (already given for visitor visa)
April 19th - Background verification in progress
May 3rd - background and eligibility completed.
May3rd - eCopr number in tracker and prearrival letter

I have a lawyer as representative. Does anybody know how will we get COPR and PPR?
I think PPR comes as an email to lawyer and COPR via?
Received Passport request email from CPC Mississauga dated May 8th

Last edited:

lenuxii

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
What is virtual landing? My Medicals are all done, background in progress. I am from the US and am going to stay with my wife on visitor record while I wait for copr. Is that possible?
Very much possible, that's what my husband did.

Virtual landing is when you're outland and don't want to wait for the rest of application outside of Canada.

To do a virtual landing you would need to go in as a visitor (hardest part would be convincing the officer that you will leave if your application gets rejected,,, thankfully for us there was not a lot of questions asked and we were allowed to go our way) and once you receive your PPR, that's when you'd send from a Canadian mailing address which would be the sponsor's address. From there they will send you portal information to verify you're in Canada instead of sending a physical COPR and needing to go to a port of entry, they will send you e-COPR on the portal which you'd be able to print out which will verify your virtual landing and PR status in Canada.

Fuegotorres

Star Member
Dec 1, 2022
Very much possible, that's what my husband did.

Virtual landing is when you're outland and don't want to wait for the rest of application outside of Canada.

To do a virtual landing you would need to go in as a visitor (hardest part would be convincing the officer that you will leave if your application gets rejected,,, thankfully for us there was not a lot of questions asked and we were allowed to go our way) and once you receive your PPR, that's when you'd send from a Canadian mailing address which would be the sponsor's address. From there they will send you portal information to verify you're in Canada instead of sending a physical COPR and needing to go to a port of entry, they will send you e-COPR on the portal which you'd be able to print out which will verify your virtual landing and PR status in Canada.
That is good to hear, hope it will al work out. Will I need to change my address with ircc when I arrive on the visitor record or should I leave it the same?

bunnycat

Mar 23, 2023
Thank you! I've similar timeline as yours with Ottawa VO and still waiting for next step after eligibility started on Feb 16th. Sept 2 paper app
Mine was also a paper app, sent on August 30 and received on September 6. Eligibility started on February 18 and completed on May 5.
Very similar timelines so I hope you will receive good news very soon!

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Application : Sept 17
AOR: Nov 29
Medical req: Dec 23
Medical updated: Jan 4
Eligibility in progress: March 10
Background in Progress on tracker: April 19
Eligibility completed on tracker: May 1
Pre-arrival letter: May 2
Processing Background check on Gckey: May 10