+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 Spousal Sponsorship OUTLAND (Paper/Online)

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Thank you. While I lacked that specific knowledge, my impression was that it was outmoded and, in any event, nothing worth pursuing. So, consider it forgotten.

But, while we are at it, are you able to shed any light on the query about GCKey and Tracker yielding apparently inconsistent results? Is one more authoritative?
Oh, my view between PR Tracker and GCKey is that I think GCKey is more accurate but don't rely too much on those. Either way, we can be sure it is progressing well but patience is always a virtue with the PR processing.

Reactions: he5ham

farewellw

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
FAM
Besides GCKey and Tracker. Sometimes I called IRCC at 1-888-242-2100 and selected Automated telephone service to check the status of my application (just provide the UCI, case number and year of birth of principal applicant ).
I think it's is more accurate than Tracker, too.

Reactions: he5ham

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
GCKey defines Eligibility Review as the whole application process, and this will only be passed when IRCC has stamped the applicant's passport and issued the COPR document. In other words, it always starts as "reviewing" and remains so even when there is PPR. So it makes sense when you see "We are reviewing... eligibility requirements" while the Tracker displays "Not started".

However, the weird thing is that the Background check message started as "We are processing your background check...". For this, I don't have any reasonable explanation.

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Besides GCKey and Tracker. Sometimes I called IRCC at 1-888-242-2100 and selected Automated telephone service to check the status of my application (just provide the UCI, case number and year of birth of principal applicant ).
I think it's is more accurate than Tracker, too.
Will they provide the dates for eligibility and background check?

ERimis

Dec 26, 2022
Based on what I found on the Internet and info shared by my supervisor(an immigration lawyer), I would like to share the following:

1. Tracker update now only refers to system automatic refreshes(according to the Twitter response of IRCC). Two possible outcomes: A. there is something changed, B. there is nothing changed. In both circumstances, however, your application process is not accurately reflected.

2. You may see an update like "We sent you a message..." on Tracker. This message could either be a 'real message' like a medical request, AOR2 etc., or it also could be a simple glitch: there's an upcoming email in the system(hasn't been sent yet), or there's nothing(according to various phone call info collected from my supervisor's clients and on the Internet).

3. Ghost updates are only traceable on the GCKey account now: the status of your application changed from 'Submitted' to 'profile updated.' And there will be a notice sent to your email.

4. No matter the application type, the Tracker will have details whenever there is a decision(Decision Made, DM). Like CoPR details, Study Permit details, and even Visitor visa details(according to my supervisor's clients' Tracker accounts and previous info shared in this thread).

5. In the no.4 situation, you may see both GCKey and Tracker showing 'processing', 'in progress', 'not started' or whatever. You may have an email beforehand, or you may not.

6. The most accurate way to track our applications is to request IRCC/CBSA/CSIS notes.

7. 'Not started' on Tracker does not necessarily mean 'not started yet'. It could be 'started or even done'.

8. 'We are processing...' on GCKey may refer to the BG of PA has already been checked and completed or assigned for a further investigation conducted by CSIS/CBSA.

----------------------------

Luck is the determiner in many applications. I see inland application sail through within 30 days and outland application within 4 mo.

Reactions: Kaibigan

vietpimp

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
Hello everyone, has anyone ever run into this situation? I checked the new tracker this morning and it showed "We sent you a message..." but I never received any call nor email. GCKey and ECAS also show nothing.

he5ham

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Hello everyone, has anyone ever run into this situation? I checked the new tracker this morning and it showed "We sent you a message..." but I never received any call nor email. GCKey and ECAS also show nothing.
Yes. It is likely a glitch. I saw the same on dates before AOR.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
GCKey defines Eligibility Review as the whole application process, and this will only be passed when IRCC has stamped the applicant's passport and issued the COPR document. In other words, it always starts as "reviewing" and remains so even when there is PPR. So it makes sense when you see "We are reviewing... eligibility requirements" while the Tracker displays "Not started".

However, the weird thing is that the Background check message started as "We are processing your background check...". For this, I don't have any reasonable explanation.
Thank you.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
1. Two possible outcomes: A. there is something changed, B. there is nothing changed. In both circumstances, however, your application process is not accurately reflected.

2. You may see an update like "We sent you a message..." on Tracker. This message could either be a 'real message' like a medical request, AOR2 etc., or it also could be a simple glitch

5. You may see both GCKey and Tracker showing 'processing', 'in progress', 'not started' or whatever. You may have an email beforehand, or you may not.

7. 'Not started' on Tracker does not necessarily mean 'not started yet'. It could be 'started or even done'.

8. 'We are processing...' on GCKey may refer to the BG of PA has already been checked and completed or assigned for a further investigation conducted by CSIS/CBSA.
Thank you for this informative post. It is good to know the inside track, as it were. I do have to say I found it quite hilarious though because the gist of it all is that "anything could mean something, or it could mean absolutely nothing". Seems like the perfect reflection of everything IRCC. At least I now know not to bother even looking until the PPR email comes.

MariaSP

Oct 1, 2022
Paper based Outland sponsorship
Date submitted: 9th September
Sponsor: PR
AOR: 13th December (actual date received 12th September)
SA: 15th December
Medical request: 10th February
Eligibility changed to in progress:14th Feb (says it was started on the 10th Feb)
Medical done: 28th February
Medical updated to completed: 11th March
Ghost updates a lot in February.
Everything updated to completed: 24th March
Pre- arrival letter: 24th March
PPR RECEIVED: 24th March

Thankfully we have reached the end of the road!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! Hope you are reunited with your loved ones soon!

farewellw

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
FAM
Paper based Outland sponsorship
Date submitted: 9th September
Sponsor: PR
AOR: 13th December (actual date received 12th September)
SA: 15th December
Medical request: 10th February
Eligibility changed to in progress:14th Feb (says it was started on the 10th Feb)
Medical done: 28th February
Medical updated to completed: 11th March
Ghost updates a lot in February.
Everything updated to completed: 24th March
Pre- arrival letter: 24th March
PPR RECEIVED: 24th March

Thankfully we have reached the end of the road!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! Hope you are reunited with your loved ones soon!
Congrats! So happy for you !!!!

Reactions: MariaSP

gjawanda8

Jan 3, 2023
Hi
Update:

Many ppl are seeing their Tracker accounts showing 'Last updated: March 20' then assuming their application is not going to update anymore.

However, ppl with acutal UPDATES are still seeing the same.

Hi,

I also see last updated on March 20.
Is it updating nowsday or still same for everyone?

Last edited:

ERimis

Dec 26, 2022
Update 2:

If your 'Background Verification' in the Tracke shows not started, it has high likeliness to be completed after CoPR.

BUT, if it shows 'In progress', it might be undergoing further security screening undertaken by CSIS/CBSA.
Hi

Hi,

I also see last updated on March 20.
Is it updating nowsday or still same for everyone?
'Updated' means nothing these days.
Ppl with application history showing later than Mar 20 progress are still having the same 'Updated date' as we are.

You can rest assured if the eligibility shows 'in progress' since the background verification may already have been done.
If there's no further investigation conducted by CSIS/CBSA, your background verification will skip to completed after CoPR details/Pre-arrival letter.
Which means... if your bc is showing 'in progress', it may take even longer time to process(undergoing further investigation).

Wait and hope our Pre-arrival letter come soon. As I said previously, may the luck be with us.