+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 Spousal Sponsorship OUTLAND (Paper/Online)

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
I'm curious for all those who are speeding through the process - Is this your first/second/third/etc. marriage? Do you have kids together or with someone from another relationship? Have you been married for 2+ years? I'm asking because there seems no rhyme or reason why some of us are taking so much longer to move through the process and are getting no updates on our files.

For us, it is a second marriage for both, we've been together for 11 years and married for 18 months. I have a child from my previous marriage, he has no children. We have lived together in the past for 2 years and are currently waiting for this process so we can be reunited.

The tracker shows nothing has been started though he passed the medical and submitted biometrics in early January. Our file sat in Sydney until the end of February when they finally moved it to Ottawa, supposedly. I have no idea if that is true as I've never received any actual confirmation as to which VO it was sent to, if it was sent at all.

vicky0143

Feb 26, 2020
United States
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-12-2019
Nomination.....
21-05-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
11-08-2020
It looks like there are many cases which summited by paper in Sep 2022 Those are waiting for next step after Medical Passed ... (I'm in the same boat...)
Same. No update after medical passed. Eligibility and background check still not started.

farewellw

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
FAM
I'm curious for all those who are speeding through the process - Is this your first/second/third/etc. marriage? Do you have kids together or with someone from another relationship? Have you been married for 2+ years? I'm asking because there seems no rhyme or reason why some of us are taking so much longer to move through the process and are getting no updates on our files.

For us, it is a second marriage for both, we've been together for 11 years and married for 18 months. I have a child from my previous marriage, he has no children. We have lived together in the past for 2 years and are currently waiting for this process so we can be reunited.

The tracker shows nothing has been started though he passed the medical and submitted biometrics in early January. Our file sat in Sydney until the end of February when they finally moved it to Ottawa, supposedly. I have no idea if that is true as I've never received any actual confirmation as to which VO it was sent to, if it was sent at all.
My case is similar as yours. My husband (PA) and I (Canada PR) both 2nd married. He is my 1st BF. We know each other 20 years. We married in July 2022. applied the case in Sep 2022. I sponsor him and his two kids from his previous GF.
We are waiting for good news after Medical Passed on 20-Jan-2023....

rasel5065

Mar 11, 2014
I just got a request for additional information Police clearance. My first application was returned missing signature and i resubmitted September 20. My guess is the request is because the police check was done March 2022. I did not get an AOR but I did have a file number to link the account. I do not see an option to upload the new certificate in my online account so I will submit using a form Enquiry. Is this a sign that I completed my application correctly since they are asking for more information.
How many days took to get file number after resubmitting your file

rasel5065

Mar 11, 2014
Spouse Online Application Timeline:
Application Type: Outland
Initial Submission: 4/16/2022
Application Returned: 07/22/2022 (Reason- Form IMM5475 was missing)
Second Submission: 09/11/2022
Police Certificate Request: 12/22/2022 (No specific AOR email received but Application number and UCI generated)
Police Certificate submitted via Web Form: 01/05/2023
Police Certificate added to the file: 01/09/2023
Biometric Request: 01/11/2023
Eligibility as a Sponsor Confirmation: 01/12/2023 (With the message that the application will be forwarded to the visa office London)
Biometric Submitted: 01/17/2023
Received Email to link the application: 01/18/2023
Ghost updates: Feb 13, Feb 15, Feb 16, Feb 17, Feb 21, Feb 22, Feb 23
Medical Request Received: 02/23/2023
How did you get the file and UCI number?

Mar 22, 2023
Another update from a few days back!

Application received - September 20th, 2022
AOR - December 30
Biometric request - December 30
Biometric taken - February 23
Medical request - February 23
Medical passed - March 2
Invitation to pre-arrival services - March 2
Passport request letter - March 17
VO please?

lenuxii

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023

To answer your questions:

This is my first marriage.

I did not have any kids previously.

We've been married since July 2022. Applied after 2 months of getting married. Previously have been together for 5 years before marriage.

PAs country could also have an affect as well, my husband is from the US and has only lived there all his life so he didn't have to provide any more information for other countries.

There are also some countries that have been considered a red-flag.

If those conditions don't apply to you it could also depend on the person working on your file, could have been transfered or agent is on vacation., VO it might have sent to after SA could have a backlog... etc.,

Reactions: YVR123
Oct 7, 2020
Hello,
Thanks in advance.

I am a September outland online applicant. Medical, SA, biometrics done in January and file is transferred to Mississauga.
When called IRCC, the agent said that the file is open and eligibility has not started yet.

How fast or slow is Mississauga office? What exactly it means that file is “open” when eligibility has not even started?

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hello,
Thanks in advance.

I am a September outland online applicant. Medical, SA, biometrics done in January and file is transferred to Mississauga.
When called IRCC, the agent said that the file is open and eligibility has not started yet.

How fast or slow is Mississauga office? What exactly it means that file is “open” when eligibility has not even started?
Maybe/I hope things have changed but they returned our first application because we applied Outland online (Dec. 2021) and they sent it internally to the Inland processing centre which is Mississauga. I hope that is not the case for you and that Mississauga is processing both Outland and Inland apps now because that wasted 10 months of our time.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
To answer your questions:

This is my first marriage.

I did not have any kids previously.

We've been married since July 2022. Applied after 2 months of getting married. Previously have been together for 5 years before marriage.

PAs country could also have an affect as well, my husband is from the US and has only lived there all his life so he didn't have to provide any more information for other countries.

There are also some countries that have been considered a red-flag.

If those conditions don't apply to you it could also depend on the person working on your file, could have been transfered or agent is on vacation., VO it might have sent to after SA could have a backlog... etc.,
My husband is also an American, born and raised, and had never even left the country before he met me. He's never been in trouble with the law and other than our age difference (9 years) there should be no red flags. I don't know.... This is just exhausting and I'm so over it, for the second time.

bunnycat

Mar 23, 2023
My husband is also an American, born and raised, and had never even left the country before he met me. He's never been in trouble with the law and other than our age difference (9 years) there should be no red flags. I don't know.... This is just exhausting and I'm so over it, for the second time.
I feel your pain SLCtoYEG! :(

Our application moved quick in the beginning but now it has seemed to stall during the eligibility/background check part of the process which I know is historically the most silent part of the process so I've been patient. Doesn't make it less difficult or stressful though.

My timeline is in my signature, but we applied in early September and medical was completed in December. Last update to my PR tracker has been eligibility which was been in progress since mid February.

I am also an American applicant. Got married in June 2022, been together with my husband for over 7 years. No previous marriages, no kids.

Unfortunately, there's just really no way to know why some get processed quicker than others.

Gsingh123$

Mar 23, 2023
Hello,
Applied for my wife in June 2021
Nothing till Jan 2023
After several enquires, IRCC emailed me in Jan 2023 and said they can’t locate the package and resubmission is required.
Resubmission- March 2023

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
People keep talking about GCKey ghost updates. Can anyone tell me what they look like. GCKey hasn't changed for me since the second I signed on except to say medical and biometrics were passed. It has said "reviewing" and "processing" for eligibility and BG check since the beginning of January and does not match what the Tracker says which is "Not Started" for both eligibility and BG check. We've also submitted biometrics yet here is says they are not required:
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • January 18, 2023 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Someone said that the GU show up in the messages section but that has been blank the entire process so far:

Messages about your application
Search:
Showing 0 to 0 of 0 entries
Show 102550100 entries
Correspondence

I am the Sponsor and have only created an account for both the Tracker and GCKey in my name. Do the Applicant accounts have more info or different info or is this where the GU would actually be found? Do we need to create both accounts? Thank you!

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
I wish I could answer your question, but we are finding the same. My wife, principal applicant for her Nov./22 online application, has both Tracker and GCKey accounts. They are not in agreement. GCKey says medical "passed". Tracker say medical "completed", which I take to be not as good as "passed". GCKey says eligibility and background checks, like yours, are "reviewing" and "processing". Tracker says "Not Started". So, which to believe?

I hear of "ECas" hereabouts and maybe it's necessary to get an account there too and, with 3 sources to look at, maybe one goes with the best 2 out of 3. :)
ECAS is only for paper applications which doesn't exist anymore so it is useless.

Reactions: SLCtoYEG