+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 Intake Visa timeline

Dakshsagoo

Jul 11, 2022
Hi, I applied on 13th June from India. Got biometrics done on 16th which updated same day. Medical still not updated. Is there somebody who applied in same timeline got the visa.

Reactions: Ziahaq
Jul 11, 2022
Sonipat, Haryana, India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Delhi
Med's Done....
8th July
Hi, I applied on 13th June from India. Got biometrics done on 16th which updated same day. Medical still not updated. Is there somebody who applied in same timeline got the visa.
Hello, I have applied my visa on 17th June and biometric done on 24th june , updated same day, and medical updated on 8th July

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Processing time is at 12 weeks or so now.
So calculate from the time you gave bio

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I applied on March 5 and my application is still being processed. Almost 19 weeks now... good luck!

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
Can someone advise on this:
I don't think my student permit will come anytime soon before Sept 2022 intake. Suppose I wait till Aug 15 and till then I still have not received my SP, so now in that case I have to deffer my admission, my question is what would be the cutoff date when I should tel my college on defferment. Next suppose after defferment to Sept 2023, I get my PPR request and eventually my student permit, in that case do I still need to apply for fresh student visa for sept 2022? and should I send my passport for stamping knowing that I have now deffered my admission to sept 2023.

Reactions: Preshberry

Pravee_S

Jun 27, 2022
I don't think my student permit will come anytime soon before Sept 2022 intake. Suppose I wait till Aug 15 and till then I still have not received my SP, so now in that case I have to deffer my admission, my question is what would be the cutoff date when I should tel my college on defferment. Next suppose after defferment to Sept 2023, I get my PPR request and eventually my student permit, in that case do I still need to apply for fresh student visa for sept 2022? and should I send my passport for stamping knowing that I have now deffered my admission to sept 2023.
The cutoff date is defined by the college themselves most likely 10 days prior to the start date of the course. Once you place the deferment request the college would issue you a new LOA for the corresponding intake. You are expected to raise a webform and notify IRCC on your change in your course that so that they can issue the permit accordingly. Incase you receive the permit during the process on deferment the only option is to apply for a study permit extension based on your new dates.

LeeLe

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
Great concern. I have the same issue with you. I dont want to defer and wait til jan2023.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
My comments:

- All of the dates and deadlines are defined by your DLI (college or university).

- For deferrals, there are two different scenarios. Basically, if you deffer and your new starting date is no greater than 150 days from your original starting date, then you are not obligated to inform IRCC. If your new starting date is greater than 150 days, then you have to inform IRCC but I don´t think you should send a new application, just update your current application via webform with your new LOA.

You should research on your own IRCC's website. Good luck!

Vicksy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Hi all,

My timeline so far:

Application submission: 10 June
Medical (upfront) update: 13 June
Biometrics take & update: 15 June
Review started: 6 July

Non SDS, Indonesia, College: Fanshawe. Hopefully, they will grant me a visa before 14 August or I will have to defer to the next available intake.

recept

Jun 29, 2022
Hi all,

My timeline so far:

Application submission: 10 June
Medical (upfront) update: 13 June
Biometrics take & update: 15 June
Review started: 6 July

Non SDS, Indonesia, College: Fanshawe. Hopefully, they will grant me a visa before 14 August or I will have to defer to the next available intake.
I also applied for Fanshawe Sep 2022 intake. I have submitted my application on 5th March. Medical passed on 3rd June 2022. No update ever since. I've deffered my intake once. From May 2022 to Sep 2022

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I also applied for Fanshawe Sep 2022 intake. I have submitted my application on 5th March. Medical passed on 3rd June 2022. No update ever since. I've deffered my intake once. From May 2022 to Sep 2022
We also applied on March 5. My wife is applying for Fanshawe and I applied for an OWP.

The weirdest thing happened... Yesterday, we both received a letter confirming the validity of our biometrics (they are valid until 2031 because of our previous application). Then, I received a passport request and in my profile, it said that my application had been approved and I needed to submit my passport to the nearest VFS. However, my wife did not receive a passport request.

I believe it should arrive shortly given that she is the main applicant and my application relies on hers being approved. Another option is that they made a mistake in sending me the passport request letter.

So weird...