+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

smal_can

Apr 1, 2018
Same - I was told to just write first name of the clerk in Subject line. I didn’t receive any auto response for the signed oath form and the e-certificate is already available to download.
Hi, could you please let me know if you received the email to register in the portal and download instructions prior to the ceremony or after the ceremony. some people in the forum are mentioning that they are receving email to register and download instrucitons prior to ceremony itself. Thank you.

ryanwilson

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
You will be given once the ceremony is done. No need to wait.
Thanks. On the Notice to Appear it says i should wait 2 business days after the ceremony before i can apply for a passport until they confirm in their system that i am now Canadian...Anyone apply for the passport before those 2 days or should i wait. Only reason is because August 7th is a holiday and i want to submit my application asap...

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks. On the Notice to Appear it says i should wait 2 business days after the ceremony before i can apply for a passport until they confirm in their system that i am now Canadian...Anyone apply for the passport before those 2 days or should i wait. Only reason is because August 7th is a holiday and i want to submit my application asap...
For paper certificate there seems to be a waiting period.

Reactions: Zicomatic

Viscan

Jun 17, 2023
Hi, could you please let me know if you received the email to register in the portal and download instructions prior to the ceremony or after the ceremony. some people in the forum are mentioning that they are receving email to register and download instrucitons prior to ceremony itself. Thank you.
It was one day after the ceremony in my case. I got instructions to sign up with an invite code and was able to access the e-certificate right away once I created my account.

Reactions: smal_can

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
I don't think it matters. As long as you got the certificate, you are a citizen. If you apply for passport immediately, the passport office also do their verification on their end. They just check the certificate and not keep it. So you should be good. They will anyways give you the pickup date for the passport.
Just talking from my personal experience, if you are applying for express or urgent, make sure you let your guarantor know the same day you apply that they will get a call. I applied in the morning and by afternoon passport office already called.

Reactions: ryanwilson

Ranash

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
I sent them email about the oath date, and get response at 5:00 am with oath date on 24 Aug in person, in the same day my tracker updated, so I guess it’s already updated with oath date before the email
But it’s good to know it’s in person