+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
You did express?

You mean your references? I am pretty sure its not a big deal.. Even my closest friends wouldn't know the exact answers to some questions lol
Yeah express. It was insane, the lady is asking our weights from them. Like how someone can know this info even if they are your childhood friend.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Pick up?

Yeah that's crazy.. I hope your references were okay to answer and weren't taken aback
Yeah pickup. They were not prepared for sure lol. But somehow figured it out. I think even if you give an answer which is pretty close to the info provided on application, it's fine by them. But I guess we'll find out if they were satisfied or not

bluediam

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Yeah pickup. They were not prepared for sure lol. But somehow figured it out. I think even if you give an answer which is pretty close to the info provided on application, it's fine by them. But I guess we'll find out if they were satisfied or not
Yeah exactly as long as the answer is not too far from accurate it should be okay. You should be good!!

Its funny how there are SO many steps before we can finally relax lol

One last to go for the passport to come in hand - for you I guess the OCI thing as well

I have always wondered do Indians ever hesitate giving up their Indian nationality when they get their Canadian passport (there has to be an emotional connection)

Reactions: Ranash

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Yeah exactly as long as the answer is not too far from accurate it should be okay. You should be good!!

Its funny how there are SO many steps before we can finally relax lol

One last to go for the passport to come in hand - for you I guess the OCI thing as well

I have always wondered do Indians ever hesitate giving up their Indian nationality when they get their Canadian passport (there has to be an emotional connection)
It is difficult. Very difficult to give up Indian passport. I wish India allowed dual citizenship. But to be honest you don't even get to feel this emotion as the OCI process itself is sooo exhausting.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
So passport Canada called today and I thought of sharing this with you all, the QUESTIONS these people asked about us. It is insane, what type of questions these people ask.
1. What is their weight
2. Where they live
3 how long my hair is and what is the Color of my hair
4 Color of my eye
5. Date of birth
6. Where they were born
7. Where they work
8. Why are you not their guarantor that they have to use as reference in the statutory form

IT IS INSANEEEE!!!! I was shook when they asked weight and how I look :D

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
So passport Canada called today and I thought of sharing this with you all, the QUESTIONS these people asked about us. It is insane, what type of questions these people ask.
1. What is their weight
2. Where they live
3 how long my hair is and what is the Color of my hair
4 Color of my eye
5. Date of birth
6. Where they were born
7. Where they work
8. Why are you not their guarantor that they have to use as reference in the statutory form

This usually happens if you go for urgent passport. Normal cases reference check rarely happens.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
This usually happens if you go for urgent passport. Normal cases reference check rarely happens.
I did express. Oh yeah they also don't care if you apply urgent, express or standard. The guy who did my application told me that we do verification for all kinds and is standard process. He was okay to accept urgent without any proof also. But I was okay with express lol.

The guy was like the travel proof stuff was more of a thing in Covid time. Now they don't care as long as you okay with paying more. I took my travel proof he dint even look at it. LOL.

I still am a little shook with type of question she asked.

dejected

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Actually, I am cracking up, probably not because that they asked these questions (especially the "very interesting" questions 1,2 and 3 :D) but more so because of the way you have reacted.
Just joking.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Actually, I am cracking up, probably not because that they asked these questions (especially the "very interesting" questions 1,2 and 3 :D) but more so because of the way you have reacted.
Just joking.
This is not normal. This sounds more of like the lady was strict that she asked such questions. All of those sound normal except for the ones you mentioned too. Just felt like sharing it with all. My references were also cracking up that how the hell I will know your weight.