+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Oksh1995

Jan 7, 2019
Good luck with your oath. Have you decided which one you want to go for certificate?
Thank you!!
I am leaning towards paper to be honest
It might sound silly but they come with the letters from the PM and minister of immigration, I know they are standard letters but would love to keep those as a souvenir

that’s my thought but still didn’t fully make up my mind

Reactions: Banana woman

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
It might sound silly but they come with the letters from the PM and minister of immigration, I know they are standard letters but would love to keep those as a souvenir

Lol I hear yea!! Yeah the paper certificate is of good quality, I have to say. I was very worried that Canada post will fold the envelope to fit it in my mailbox. But IRCC is nice to put a stamp on the envelope that do not fold.
And given how fast it came, you won't have to wait too long if you go by paper certificate.

But hey man!! You gonna be a citizen either way.

Reactions: Oksh1995

Oksh1995

Jan 7, 2019
Lol I hear yea!! Yeah the paper certificate is of good quality, I have to say. I was very worried that Canada post will fold the envelope to fit it in my mailbox. But IRCC is nice to put a stamp on the envelope that do not fold.
And given how fast it came, you won't have to wait too long if you go by paper certificate.

But hey man!! You gonna be a citizen either way.
I agree , and yes as long as they don’t fold, I am okay

yeah, going the trend it seems that people get their certificates within a 1-2 weeks tops

soon citizen to be!

Reactions: Sandy.gal

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Thank you!!

Keep in mind that some offices like Niagara are giving E-cert by default. To get paper cert, you’d have to reschedule your Oath date which might delay things further.

Reactions: janepham

bluediam

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Lol. Did you go like early morning? I saw the line up on Scarborough one yesterday when I was collecting my the guarantor form and the line up was long AF
Going early morning was the plan during the days while oath and receiving the certificate but then I received it in the afternoon and I went to apply to get it out of the way

Which guarantor form?

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Going early morning was the plan during the days while oath and receiving the certificate but then I received it in the afternoon and I went to apply to get it out of the way

Which guarantor form?
I don't have a guarantor. So had to get statutory done from lawyer for a guarantor.

bluediam

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
They stamp do not fold on the envelope but it was still folded in my mail box lol

I guess the delivery person didn't have a choice given the size of the mailbox

• Haha

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
They stamp do not fold on the envelope but it was still folded in my mail box lol

I guess the delivery person didn't have a choice given the size of the mailbox
We have a separate mailbox for Canada post mails only. So my delivery guy was kind enough to put it in that.

bluediam

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
I am thinking what I am doing on this forum now..

I guess it becomes a habit sort of

I remember from Permanent residence days...

I automatically open this website haha

Hopefully I never have to deal with immigration again

• Haha

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
I am thinking what I am doing on this forum now..

I guess it becomes a habit sort of

I remember from Permanent residence days...

I automatically open this website haha

Hopefully I never have to deal with immigration again
I just try to help and answer people who are still stuck with this process. We all have gone through that frustrations, for some it has ended and for some still going on. So yeah!!

Reactions: bluediam