Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Thanks you!! My god I am already worried about that. Was checking BLS appointments today no luck for July or early August.
You can go for postal option, I did my son’s OCI through post and received in exactly 7 weeks. I heard the processing time is little faster now. Moreover, people do complain about visiting BLS and getting troubled by the staff. The staff will keep pointing mistakes in the application and ask to get new photo, forms etc and make extra money. They charge a lot for the same photo or print out which will cost very less outside

• Wow
Reactions: myra20sharma

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
So I finished my oath like an hour back. Surprisingly it only lasted an hour which was perfect as I was hungry as hell when sat down for the ceremony. Most of the time pass by waiting and the actual stuff is only like 40 minutes long.
A lot of things they ask to follow in the notice of appear email doesn't really happen so yeah just follow the instructions the clerk is giving you.
Glad that this process is done. The clerk refused to honour e-certificate request so not worth even a try.
But yeah I just wanted to say thank you to all those people who always responded to my silly and sometimes imp questions. I will still be around here to answer all questions.
I can take this as my birthday gift and move on to the next step now. Lol!!

harmaine

Star Member
Apr 6, 2023
So I finished my oath like an hour back. Surprisingly it only lasted an hour which was perfect as I was hungry as hell when sat down for the ceremony. Most of the time pass by waiting and the actual stuff is only like 40 minutes long.
A lot of things they ask to follow in the notice of appear email doesn't really happen so yeah just follow the instructions the clerk is giving you.
Glad that this process is done. The clerk refused to honour e-certificate request so not worth even a try.
But yeah I just wanted to say thank you to all those people who always responded to my silly and sometimes imp questions. I will still be around here to answer all questions.
Congratulations !!!!!!! An awesome bday gift for you from the Govt of Canada lol

• Love
Reactions: bzbee and Sandy.gal

Oksh1995

Jan 7, 2019
Congrats on being a Canadian citizen !!
Did you ask if they can expedite the paper certificate?

Reactions: Sandy.gal

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Congrats on being a Canadian citizen !!
Did you ask if they can expedite the paper certificate?
The clerk actually said if you send it today, I will get it moved forward by today only. But this he said to all so looks like he wants to finish up his work load before the weekend comes lol. Either way good for me.

Reactions: Oksh1995

Oksh1995

Jan 7, 2019
The clerk actually said if you send it today, I will get it moved forward by today only. But this he said to all so looks like he wants to finish up his work load before the weekend comes lol. Either way good for me.
Interesting , I once read somewhere that the clerk has to mail all certificates before end of the month when the oath happened

so if oath is on 25th July for example , they need to mail before end of the month

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
You can go for postal option, I did my son’s OCI through post and received in exactly 7 weeks. I heard the processing time is little faster now. Moreover, people do complain about visiting BLS and getting troubled by the staff. The staff will keep pointing mistakes in the application and ask to get new photo, forms etc and make extra money. They charge a lot for the same photo or print out which will cost very less outside
Thank you!! I have booked a slot to be on the safer side as I struggled a lot for getting appt during my passport renewal time.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Interesting , I once read somewhere that the clerk has to mail all certificates before end of the month when the oath happened

so if oath is on 25th July for example , they need to mail before end of the month
Oh yeah, this one sounded so confident that he will for sure do it by end of the day if form sent by today. I don't think they wait for the whole batch to send the forms and then process.
Given how quickly the other people got the certificates, I think it should not take long.

bzbee

Star Member
May 24, 2023
Thank you!! I have booked a slot to be on the safer side as I struggled a lot for getting appt during my passport renewal time.
Can you surrender the Indian passport with just citizenship certificate or do we have to wait until we have Canadian Passport?

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Can you surrender the Indian passport with just citizenship certificate or do we have to wait until we have Canadian Passport?
Sorry mistyped.
Required- Copy of photo page and observations (if any) of your current valid foreign / Canadian passport. If you have not applied for your passport, please write a written declaration to the Consulate General of India with an explanation of the same.
Certificate of citizenship is needed too

Reactions: bzbee

bzbee

Star Member
May 24, 2023
Looking at all the horrendous reviews of BLS center, I'm scared to even go but equally scared to mail my Canadian Passport and have them lose it. So I guess no option but to go in person and deal with BLS scam.

• Sad
Reactions: Sandy.gal

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Looking at all the horrendous reviews of BLS center, I'm scared to even go but equally scared to mail my Canadian Passport and have them lose it. So I guess no option but to go in person and deal with BLS scam.
I hear you!! Trust me it is not easy but you will get there!! :)