+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Just finished with the Oath Ceremony :) :) :) wish you all the best in the rest of your journey
Congratulations!! Was your ceremony virtual? If yes, can you please keep us posted when you get your certificate? Just trying to figure how long they taking.

Reactions: gehaif

gehaif

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Congratulations!! Was your ceremony virtual? If yes, can you please keep us posted when you get your certificate? Just trying to figure how long they taking.
Yeah, It was a virtual one, for sure will keep posting till receiving the passport as we almost having the same timeline so you can predict yours as well.

Reactions: Sandy.gal

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
I have seen people getting it in 5 days. Government entities always use Canada post so can't complain lol.
Today, my tracker shows CLOSED with a congratulations message. Application history says oath ceremony updated on July 4. I am hoping that since they have marked it as closed today, they may have sent my citizenship certificate yesterday / today and I will receive it soon. But who knows !!! :)

Reactions: gehaif

Mine.hubby

Nov 19, 2021
Application submitted Jan 11 - 2023
AORJan 25
UpdatedMarch 1
Update March 2
Fingerprint Required March 15
UpdatedMarch 17
Updated CT in progMarch 20
Citizenship test March 27-April 17
Finger prints received April 3
Background CompleteApril 5
Test completed April 5
language skills compJune 21
prohibitions June 21
physical presence June 21
Updated June 23
Oath letter July 06
ceremony July 20

Oksh1995

Jan 7, 2019
Application submittedJan 11 - 2023
AORJan 25
UpdatedMarch 1
UpdateMarch 2
Fingerprint RequiredMarch 15
UpdatedMarch 17
Updated CT in progMarch 20
Citizenship testMarch 27-April 17
Finger prints receivedApril 3
Background CompleteApril 5
Test completedApril 5
language skills compJune 21
prohibitionsJune 21
physical presenceJune 21
UpdatedJune 23
Oath letterJuly 06
ceremonyJuly 20
You got the official email invitation?

sdinkar08

Sep 18, 2022
Received my oath date for May 17th ( tracker updated May 9th, email May 10th) but I have pre-planned trip to UK from May 19th - June 4th that I cannot cancel. I have followed procedure and emailed them back requesting to re-schedule to another date, but does anyone know when I might get a response or what may happen? I am quite nervous, because the oath is less than a week away and I am not sure what to do. While I sincerely appreciate getting an oath date finally - the timing is very unfortunate! :(
My office is Vancouver but received oath invitation from Edmonton office IRCC.
FYI just following up on my experience:

I did not attend my original oath ceremony on May 17th since I had an important trip planned from May 19th- June 4. I responded to the email address I received stating why I could not attend along with ticket proof, submitted a web form & also called an agent to confirm they have received my email/details. Agent said the details were added to my file and my oath will be re-scheduled at a later date.

I came back from my trip and waited patiently for another oath date but I was not sure when it would come. I submitted a web form inquiry on June 26th inquiring when I may expect a new oath date (just to get some sort of timeline expectation). I received a response on June 26th stating that my file is with Vancouver office and they are verifying if I meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship (which doesn't make sense because I already received an oath date before?).Anyways I am happy to say I received a new oath date ceremony for July 14 this morning :) (via email, tracker still showing old oath date). So if anyone is under the process of re-scheduling their oath ceremony, mine took 2 months to get a new date.

Aman2022

Aug 19, 2022
Application submitted online: sept 29 2022
Aor: oct 20, 2022
Fingerprint completed Jan30,2023
Test request Mar 16,2023
Test completed: 9 april2023
No updates after that. Test is not updated on tracker. Anybody in same boat?

harmaine

Star Member
Apr 6, 2023
Application submitted online: sept 29 2022
Aor: oct 20, 2022
Fingerprint completed Jan30,2023
Test request Mar 16,2023
Test completed: 9 april2023
No updates after that. Test is not updated on tracker. Anybody in same boat?
My test window was exactly the same as yours and the status generally gets updated few days after the completion of the test. Because it has been so long since you did your test, you should given them a call or send a web-form request. Did you complete it before the midnight on the 9th? Because 9th was the last day of the test window. What was your score?