Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Congratulations to all the SCR folks! So happy to finally see you guys getting the LPP and oath scheduled.

Kitchener office is still sleeping, now I can say, Kitchener office is the worse and slowest

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Question: Is it usual for the tracker to be updated with oath date but email not coming along with it? How long does it usually take for the email to come after tracker update? I have been told today that my oath is on June 30, but I have plans on that day - need to change my plans after I know it is virtual or in-person

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Question: Is it usual for the tracker to be updated with oath date but email not coming along with it? How long does it usually take for the email to come after tracker update? I have been told today that my oath is on June 30, but I have plans on that day - need to change my plans after I know it is virtual or in-person
It says you will receive the email a week before your oath date and that only will tell you if it's virtual or in person.

Reactions: pranab24

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
email usually arrives 10-7 days before oath date

Reactions: pranab24

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Thank you. This is where my dilemma lies. I have 8 days in between today and the oath date. Guess I will just have to wait till tomorrow and then reach out to them.
You can just email them and ask. Just give them the reason for your ask.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello dear friends,
I'm in a bit of a situation. Please shed some light.

I'm scheduled for Oath on July 3rd. And after that I need to begin my other formalities like applying for Canadian pp, revoking Indian pp and applying for OCI card. All of this should take at least 2 months.

Now my situation is, I am getting married in India, in the last week of August. I'm not sure how to travel given my situation. Can I enter India with Indian pp and come back from my wedding in Sept and then surrender my Indian passport? What is the best possible way?

Please guide me through. I appreciate your help.
Isn't getting Indian e-Visa with your Canadian passport a better option and then do surrender and OCI once you are back?

Reactions: shiremag

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Isn't getting Indian e-Visa with your Canadian passport a better option and then do surrender and OCI once you are back?
They can do that too. you don't get penalized if the Indian passport was not used. The only problem with E visas that it is not guaranteed that you will get a full 1 year. One of my friend applied for year visa but only got 4 months visa.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
They can do that too. you don't get penalized if the Indian passport was not used. The only problem with E visas that it is not guaranteed that you will get a full 1 year. One of my friend applied for year visa but only got 4 months visa.
If you travel with Indian passport what will happen at exit immigration at Indian airport while coming back to Canada. Will the immigration officer be ok with you using Indian passport for entry and Canadian for exit?

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
If you travel with Indian passport what will happen at exit immigration at Indian airport while coming back to Canada. Will the immigration officer be ok with you using Indian passport for entry and Canadian for exit?
So my friend did this. On their website it says different story. My friend went to India last month, when exiting from here he used Canadian passport and then when he was coming back he used Indian passport. They asked why are you using the passport as it is suppose to be surrender. So he told them that this was an urgent trip and I will do it once I go back. He was also under the impression that he will not be fined if used within 6 months as they do give you a buffer time. But the officer dint wanted to accept that and fined him 10,000 rupees and let him go.
If he had e visa, I still feel it would have been an issue as I think they can see your history. So if you surrender the passport they can see that on their system. They just question you more at entry in India but won't deny you.

Last edited:
Reactions: forw.jane

saloni2210

Mar 20, 2023
Hey - just curious - why did they use the Indian passport while coming back to Canada when they already had the Canadian passport?