+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Yeah I could do that but I open myself to the risk of “let us know when you are back from your trip and we will schedule your oath then”

I don’t want further delays , I’ll just ask for expected oath date ..

@Sandy.gal, I know you sent an email, can you share your thoughts ?
No they won't say that. I also said that I have a trip planned for India in Sept which I actually do have lol. So I told them that. Looks like me sending them an email actually helped as the day the officer responded me is the same day he pushed the update on the tracker as well.

Reactions: Oksh1995

bzbee

Star Member
May 24, 2023
I got LPP completed , finally!
Oath is not started yet, so I am thinking to email SCR office to request oath date, this approach seemed to have worked for people here

Do they need a reason like travel plan or something?
Congratulations! Looks like we both got LPP completed on the same day. Good luck & fingers crossed for the oath date...

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Saw an update on the tracker this morning that the Oath ceremony for me, my wife and daughter has been scheduled on June 30 (just 9 days from today)

The update says "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on June 30, 2023. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation. "

Since I have not received an email, does the above message mean that the oath ceremony is an in-person one or virtual?

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Saw an update on the tracker this morning that the Oath ceremony for me, my wife and daughter has been scheduled on June 30 (just 9 days from today)

The update says "Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on June 30, 2023. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation. "

Since I have not received an email, does the above message mean that the oath ceremony is an in-person one or virtual?
You will find that out in the instruction letter.

Reactions: pranab24

Oksh1995

Jan 7, 2019

Congrats !
When did you get LPP completed?

Reactions: pranab24

Oksh1995

Jan 7, 2019
No they won't say that. I also said that I have a trip planned for India in Sept which I actually do have lol. So I told them that. Looks like me sending them an email actually helped as the day the officer responded me is the same day he pushed the update on the tracker as well.
Yeah think I’ll do that, have trip planned in July so fingers crossed they give me oath end of this month

Reactions: Sandy.gal

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Yeah think I’ll do that, have trip planned in July so fingers crossed they give me oath end of this month
I would say email them today as they may not have much slots left for July. Already I see people getting oath dates for July 21st and so on.

Reactions: Oksh1995

bluediam

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Congratulations everyone! (efficient to do it this way than to individually reply to everyone :D)

Scarborough office is on fire

Did they just come back from a trip or something?

• Haha
Reactions: Sandy.gal

Mohann

Jul 2, 2020
Hello dear friends,
I'm in a bit of a situation. Please shed some light.

I'm scheduled for Oath on July 3rd. And after that I need to begin my other formalities like applying for Canadian pp, revoking Indian pp and applying for OCI card. All of this should take at least 2 months.

Now my situation is, I am getting married in India, in the last week of August. I'm not sure how to travel given my situation. Can I enter India with Indian pp and come back from my wedding in Sept and then surrender my Indian passport? What is the best possible way?

Please guide me through. I appreciate your help.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hello dear friends,
I'm in a bit of a situation. Please shed some light.

I'm scheduled for Oath on July 3rd. And after that I need to begin my other formalities like applying for Canadian pp, revoking Indian pp and applying for OCI card. All of this should take at least 2 months.

Now my situation is, I am getting married in India, in the last week of August. I'm not sure how to travel given my situation. Can I enter India with Indian pp and come back from my wedding in Sept and then surrender my Indian passport? What is the best possible way?

Please guide me through. I appreciate your help.
You can travel on your Indian passport but there will be a fine that you would have to pay. I am not too sure but I think it's like 10,000 rupees for each travel you do in first 3 years. This is the link for penalty

https://eoi.gov.in/eoisearch/MyPrint.php?0834?001/0005#:~:text=obtaining foreign passport-,Penalty of Rs.,50,000/-).

Once you are back then you can apply for OCI.

saloni2210

Mar 20, 2023
It says A grace period of three months is allowed from the date of acquisition of foreign citizenship, for the purpose of travel on an Indian Passport. Therefore, no penalty will be leviable for travel on an Indian passport within three months of acquisition of a foreign passport.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
It says A grace period of three months is allowed from the date of acquisition of foreign citizenship, for the purpose of travel on an Indian Passport. Therefore, no penalty will be leviable for travel on an Indian passport within three months of acquisition of a foreign passport.
Yeah I heard that too but recently my friend travelled and he was still fined. I just think be well prepared for the worst if anyone wants to travel on the Indian passport before surrendering. I have a similar situation where I have to travel in Sept. I will be taking the chance and prepared to pay the fine if it comes down to that.