+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

lionca

Sep 17, 2022
So I check my tracker about once a week. Checked a few days ago and there was nothing. Randomly decided to check today and seen that my physical presence, prohibitions and language skills and were marked complete on June 5th. Then on June 8th my Citizenship oath moved to in progress. My oath is scheduled for July 3rd. It said to follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation. But I have checked my email and my spam folder. There is no email about it. Is it normal to get the email details a few days after the tracker is updated?

It does say on the tracker: 'if haven’t received an official invitation from us yet, we might still be planning your event'. Just thought id ask here as well.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
So I check my tracker about once a week. Checked a few days ago and there was nothing. Randomly decided to check today and seen that my physical presence, prohibitions and language skills and were marked complete on June 5th. Then on June 8th my Citizenship oath moved to in progress. My oath is scheduled for July 3rd. It said to follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation. But I have checked my email and my spam folder. There is no email about it. Is it normal to get the email details a few days after the tracker is updated?

It does say on the tracker: 'if haven’t received an official invitation from us yet, we might still be planning your event'. Just thought id ask here as well.
If you don't get 6 days before ur oath date you can give them a call but you should get it in a week or two

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other

Congratulations!! I have heard you get the email a week or so before the oath date.
Looks like SCR is all over the place in scheduling oaths right now. Waiting since June 1st and citizenship ceremony still "Not started"

lionca

Sep 17, 2022
Does anyone know if
Congratulations!! I have heard you get the email a week or so before the oath date.
Looks like SCR is all over the place in scheduling oaths right now. Waiting since June 1st and citizenship ceremony still "Not started"
Thank you. Good to know the email is jus delayed vs I just didn't receive it. Yeah SCR seems like theres no standard process lol.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Does anyone know if

Thank you. Good to know the email is jus delayed vs I just didn't receive it. Yeah SCR seems like theres no standard process lol.
Lol. Yeah that is true. Yeah I think the email is just pushed by the system so you should get it soon. Good luck with your ceremony.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Does anyone know if the SCR office books in person oaths or online oaths?
They only do online and they only do it twice a day. Your letter will tell you which office your oath is scheduled at. SCR does send a group of people to take oaths at other offices if they don't have enough space which could be online or in person if that office offers that service.

Joship33

Star Member
May 18, 2019
You are welcome! Also, I am in Calgary and the ceremony was held in Vancouver and certificate was mailed from there. I dont know if it played a part but I emailed my signed oath form immediately after we repeated the oath, I was still in the zoom meeting for the virtual ceremony when I sent the email
Hi. Did you get your passport ? Did you apply for the express ? Thank you.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Paper application .. family of 2... No update after the test completed in Feb. Scarborough office. Not sure whats going on.
Looks like they are sending updates for people who completed test until Jan. Expect something by end of this month or next one.

bluediam

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Paper application .. family of 2... No update after the test completed in Feb. Scarborough office. Not sure whats going on.
I think, I think and I may be wrong but SCR is processing Online application it seems like. I am a paper applicant and test completed early March this year and nothing after

You signature says citizen?

NC_79

Jun 10, 2017
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to update you all, I just saw my tracker, and my Oath Ceremony is showing scheduled. This was updated over the weekend (on June 10 Saturday). I am now waiting for the official letter from IRCC.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1425
Application: Single
Application sent: September 14th, 2022
AOR: September 24th, 2022
Test completed: March 23, 2023
LPP: June 5th, 2023
Ceremony update: June 10th, 2023

Wishing all the best to everyone waiting for their oath letters/updates.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to update you all, I just saw my tracker, and my Oath Ceremony is showing scheduled. This was updated over the weekend (on June 10 Saturday). I am now waiting for the official letter from IRCC.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1425
Application: Single
Application sent: September 14th, 2022
AOR: September 24th, 2022
Test completed: March 23, 2023
LPP: June 5th, 2023
Ceremony update: June 10th, 2023

Wishing all the best to everyone waiting for their oath letters/updates.
When is your oath?

Reactions: saifjack021