+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
My citizenship ceremony has been scheduled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick question: I'm supposed to travel out of the country the day after my scheduled citizenship ceremony. I haven't received the email from IRCC yet, but will I be able to reschedule my citizenship ceremony to after my trip?
The "Notice to appear" for oath is what it is - It's a notice not an invitation. You'll need to provide satisfactory explanation as to why you want it postponed and the officer will decide if the reason you provide is satisfactory. Some officers are lenient and some are not.

Also, if you decide postpone the oath, there is no guarantee you will get the next available spot when you are back... You are pushed back at the end of the queue and it could be months before you get a new date. That being said, if your trip is unavoidable, you may have to reschedule your oath. But then you may get lucky...

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
My citizenship ceremony has been scheduled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick question: I'm supposed to travel out of the country the day after my scheduled citizenship ceremony. I haven't received the email from IRCC yet, but will I be able to reschedule my citizenship ceremony to after my trip?
Which office?

NC_79

Jun 10, 2017
It was same with me. But now i,m able to login.
Thanks Amar, appreciate your response, but I am still having this same issue. It's now more than 4 weeks and I am seeing the same chargement/loading... message- just stuck there.

Is anyone else having this same problem? I am worried that I might miss the oath ceremony update. I am not sure if everyone get emails every time they are invited to take the oath.

Any inputs on this will be highly appreciated..

-------------------------------------------
Hi Guys,

I am not able to log in to my tracker- this has been ongoing for a week now. As I enter my login info and click 'Sign-in', the system moves to the next page but it keeps showing 'Loading... / Chargement..' and doesn't do anything. I have tried waiting - looking at the screen like an owl for more 15 mins- but nothing happens.
Did anyone else face the same issue or something similar.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1240
Application: Single
Application sent: Sept 20, 2022
AOR: Sept 24, 2022
Test passed: 23 March, 2023
Citizenship test updated to complete: March 24, 2023

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks Amar, appreciate your response, but I am still having this same issue. It's now more than 4 weeks and I am seeing the same chargement/loading... message- just stuck there.

Is anyone else having this same problem? I am worried that I might miss the oath ceremony update. I am not sure if everyone get emails every time they are invited to take the oath.

Any inputs on this will be highly appreciated..

-------------------------------------------
Hi Guys,

I am not able to log in to my tracker- this has been ongoing for a week now. As I enter my login info and click 'Sign-in', the system moves to the next page but it keeps showing 'Loading... / Chargement..' and doesn't do anything. I have tried waiting - looking at the screen like an owl for more 15 mins- but nothing happens.
Did anyone else face the same issue or something similar.

Test passed: 23 March, 2023
Try debugging using the method mentioned in this video - https://clipchamp.com/watch/Bw3ycAMPr5U

NC_79

Jun 10, 2017
Try debugging using the method mentioned in this video - https://clipchamp.com/watch/Bw3ycAMPr5U
Thank you Sir.
Funny, I just logged in to follow the method shown on the video and my login worked :D
But thank you so much for the info. If this happens again I will use the method you shared.

Sadly nothing has changed - language, etc are not updated.

Test passed: 23 March, 2023 (20/20)

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Thank you Sir.
Funny, I just logged in to follow the method shown on the video and my login worked :D
But thank you so much for the info. If this happens again I will use the method you shared.

Sadly nothing has changed - language, etc are not updated.

Test passed: 23 March, 2023 (20/20)
When was your BG marked as complete?

isitmeyourelookingfor

Oct 7, 2022
Does anyone know how long it could take to be scheduled for changing the oath from online to in-person?
Do they just put you in the next available in-person ceremony? Is it possible to call the IRCC and ask them when the next available in-person ceremony will be for your particular province and then decide or do they just put you on the in-person list and wait for that list to reach a certain number before scheduling the in-person ceremony?
I am curious because someone told me they usually have a lot of in-person oath ceremonies scheduled during Canada Day, was wondering if anyone else has heard the same? And, I am in New Brunswick, so compared to other provinces, the volume of applicants at that final stage would be very sparse; so was just curious if in-person would even be in the near future.
FYI. My citizenship test email was from MtL.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Does anyone know how long it could take to be scheduled for changing the oath from online to in-person?
Do they just put you in the next available in-person ceremony? Is it possible to call the IRCC and ask them when the next available in-person ceremony will be for your particular province and then decide or do they just put you on the in-person list and wait for that list to reach a certain number before scheduling the in-person ceremony?
I am curious because someone told me they usually have a lot of in-person oath ceremonies scheduled during Canada Day, was wondering if anyone else has heard the same? And, I am in New Brunswick, so compared to other provinces, the volume of applicants at that final stage would be very sparse; so was just curious if in-person would even be in the near future.
FYI. My citizenship test email was from MtL.
Most of the ceremonies are online these days. The few that happen in-person are mentioned here - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/CeremonySearch/search-recherche-eng.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3vJdEB6nSWp5KATAdHFx3P3KeAOfLmc9YuGAIkAxGLvJDcKYTnB1_lEK4#resultList

Calling IRCC to get an oath date is an effort in itself for which you don't get proper answers. Expecting them for in-person ceremony would be even tougher to get and you don't know how long you will wait.

yourr.grace

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
The "Notice to appear" for oath is what it is - It's a notice not an invitation. You'll need to provide satisfactory explanation as to why you want it postponed and the officer will decide if the reason you provide is satisfactory. Some officers are lenient and some are not.

Also, if you decide postpone the oath, there is no guarantee you will get the next available spot when you are back... You are pushed back at the end of the queue and it could be months before you get a new date. That being said, if your trip is unavoidable, you may have to reschedule your oath. But then you may get lucky...
That's not entirely true. you are not pushed to the end of the queue. I know somone who was not in the country and mentioned his return date to IRCC. he got his oath reschedule to 3 days post his return.

Reactions: Greyson

Ishu24

Nov 17, 2017
Have been a silent spectator for a very long time in the group. Got Scheduled for Oath Ceremony for 24 May. Awaiting email.

Timeline as below:

Application Filed: 26 Sep 2022
AOR : 13 Oct 2022
BG Completed: 16 Jan 2023
Citizenship Test : In progress - 14 March 2023 [ scheduled between March 20, 2023 and April 9, 2023 ]
Citizenship Test: Taken - 21 March 2023
Citizenship Test : Completed [updated in tracker] - 22 March 2023
LPP : Completed [updated in tracker] - 23 March 2023
Citizenship Oath : In progress - 4 May 2023
---------------------------------------------------------------------
May 24, 2023
Scheduled for Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on May 24, 2023. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Have been a silent spectator for a very long time in the group. Got Scheduled for Oath Ceremony for 24 May. Awaiting email.

Timeline as below:

Application Filed: 26 Sep 2022
AOR : 13 Oct 2022
BG Completed: 16 Jan 2023
Citizenship Test : In progress - 14 March 2023 [ scheduled between March 20, 2023 and April 9, 2023 ]
Citizenship Test: Taken - 21 March 2023
Citizenship Test : Completed [updated in tracker] - 22 March 2023
LPP : Completed [updated in tracker] - 23 March 2023
Citizenship Oath : In progress - 4 May 2023
---------------------------------------------------------------------
May 24, 2023
Scheduled for Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on May 24, 2023. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Which office?

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Seems like my application has been forgotten :( my LPP was completed March 3 and I took the test Jan 30

Ziko1505

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
uae
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
july 18,2018
AOR Received.
november 9,2018
File Transfer...
december 23,2018
Med's Request
november 11,2018
Med's Done....
november 16,2018
any of the fellow applicants who attended their ceremony on or around April 17, 23 have received his citizenship certificate?

ngozifat

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
AOR Received.
29-09 2017
Med's Request
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
29-08-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2019
any of the fellow applicants who attended their ceremony on or around April 17, 23 have received his citizenship certificate?
Yep my husband has received his. Hope u sent back the form after d ceremony?