+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I did my test in January 2023 and no news since then. I am not sure if these notes will even help me or not. I have never ordered it before not even in my PR time. So was wondering what exactly these notes tell you!
This would give an idea - https://www.getgcms.com/blog/gcms-notes-look-like-order/

The above site is a paid one to get it but you can go for the free one(How to order GCMS notes (use Privacy Act) https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=463&top=1). Order from CBSA, the IRCC one is pretty slow.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Its a log. I don't think it helps you in getting your application processed further but will give you an idea where your application is at like the due dates and all for the different statuses.
So it will only tell what has been done on my file till today's date.

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Now that the strike is official. I don't know what's going to happen.
I had an urgent situation, beyond my control and a travel date of May 2nd, which I don't know how I'm going to make. Emailed my local office on Monday with no reply about my urgent certificate request.
I know it sucks for everyone, but it sucks a lot right now as this unfolds.

ady_997

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
IELTS Request
Up front
Med's Done....
16-01-2017
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
Does these notes really help?
i applied twice one month apart to see if there was any progress.. not even a bit. the page with security clearance was blank on both of them so ordered notes for CBSA as well to see why it is taking them forever to clear my security but i haven't received any notes from them yet. but IRCC were quick got them in 3 weeks. 13 pages with all the details and which office is processing and what eas done on what date. and i also learnt through the notes that test invite email doesn't confirm processing office. because my notes say my processing office is Niagara but test was scheduled by hamilton office. and it does not say anywhere that my file moved from one office to the other

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
i applied twice one month apart to see if there was any progress.. not even a bit. the page with security clearance was blank on both of them so ordered notes for CBSA as well to see why it is taking them forever to clear my security but i haven't received any notes from them yet. but IRCC were quick got them in 3 weeks. 13 pages with all the details and which office is processing and what eas done on what date. and i also learnt through the notes that test invite email doesn't confirm processing office. because my notes say my processing office is Niagara but test was scheduled by hamilton office. and it does not say anywhere that my file moved from one office to the other
I see. So pretty much no use of ordering these notes.

tanmaisneha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Alberta
My APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT section has this on my GCMS:
PAPER FILE
Office: Vancouver IRCC
#: Cxxxxxx

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Due Date: 2023/05/03
Assigned By: xxxxx
Assigned To: xxxxx

What does the above mean please? Can anyone interpret?
Probably the next update for you should come on 3rd of May.

isitmeyourelookingfor

Oct 7, 2022
At this point in time, it seems like a double edged sword to get citizenship for me because my Indian passport will not be usable after the oath. Please correct me if I am wrong, but we have to renounce our Indian passport as soon as we take the Oath?

Wondering if anyone would know the timeline for oath ceremony->certificate received->Canadian passport processing time (till you receive it) without taking into consideration the ongoing strike. Also, wondering how the strike would affect the post oath to passport timeline as well.

P.S. I have not yet received the oath, nor have received any further update since the GU of March 2nd. But, had travel scheduled in upcoming months, which I am contemplating about now :)