+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

B. B.

Sep 11, 2018
hi, hope my answers help.

1- when you will get the email of instructions? after how many days from Tracker update or Before ceremony? it was 2 days for me. but this can vary. keep an eye on your junk mail/spam etc. since you know that important email is expected. there are cases where people let the mail go to spam and missed their oath!
2- if my kids will not be able to join the ceremony "they are less than 10 years", should i inform them or do anything? no pre-information needed if kids aren't joining; it is optional for them anyway.

3- will you i get email for me and separated email for my wife or its only one email? different email one each for each applicant. pdfs in each need to be printed, signed n taken.

4- In person you will take the certificate immediately in the ceremony correct?, do you know usually after how many days you receive if for online? in-person certificate is immediate. for online, i've seen people take 2 days to 7 or 10!!
thanks alot

Greyson

Jun 12, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Completed my Test today but still my portal account is only loading after logging. No problem it’s will be solved soon as i read.

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Dear Group,

I completed my citizenship test in March and I received email from CIC office with request of letter. I have reviewed the list of documents required. I noticed that the "Other" checkbox is ticked off, which mentions the need for a PCC for the time period I was in India from Jan 03, 2021 to Sept 02, 2021.

As part of my initial application, I have already submitted the Original copy of PCC document along with Copies of all pages of my two passports - one expired and the other an active Indian Passport.
I dont have photocopy of pcc as I submitted Original to CIC, can anyone please advise what I can do in this. I already informed CIC about this as they gave me 30 days deadline.
I feel so stuck as to get PCC prior it took 4months and now I am clueless as I don't even have photocopy. Please help if someone faced anything like this.

Reactions: Sara_3107

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Dear Group,

I completed my citizenship test in March and I received email from CIC office with request of letter. I have reviewed the list of documents required. I noticed that the "Other" checkbox is ticked off, which mentions the need for a PCC for the time period I was in India from Jan 03, 2021 to Sept 02, 2021.

As part of my initial application, I have already submitted the Original copy of PCC document along with Copies of all pages of my two passports - one expired and the other an active Indian Passport.
I dont have photocopy of pcc as I submitted Original to CIC, can anyone please advise what I can do in this. I already informed CIC about this as they gave me 30 days deadline.
I feel so stuck as to get PCC prior it took 4months and now I am clueless as I don't even have photocopy. Please help if someone faced anything like this.
It looks like they misplaced the originally submitted PCC. While you wait for their response: 1. apply for a new PCC and when you get it submit it 2. Call them to see if they found the missing PCC

If it takes 4 months, notify them via webform that it takes 4 months to get a new PCC and you need them to extend the 30 day deadline. Next time you submit anything to IRCC, I recommend scanning a copy of the entire file

Reactions: yourr.grace

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Dear Group,

I would suggest you call them and explain the situation. You can also email back and explain it to them. If they have misplaced it then you should get an extension to the deadline so you can arrange a new PCC.
And yes like @shiremag said- ALWAYSS keep a copy of your original document before sending it to them. Paper applications tend to get misplaced

Reactions: linxord

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Dear Group,

a - always, always keep a scan of what you're submitting
b - in this case, don't spend any more time thinking, just apply for IN PCC
c - inform CIC about the time it'll take, support ur request with whatever webpage/response from BLS/CGI that indicates 4m TAT
d - naturally, remind CIC that u submitted it in the first place, and inquire if they have located it now