+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Question guys i was reading questions during test to make sure I understand them thats how i do it. Is that okay during the test i am npw worried
That is fine. They only take random pictures of you during the test. It's not a video or audio recording

Ziko1505

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
uae
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
july 18,2018
AOR Received.
november 9,2018
File Transfer...
december 23,2018
Med's Request
november 11,2018
Med's Done....
november 16,2018
I completed my oath today, I am glad this process took exactly 6 months from the moment it arrived to their office, which was a day before the Hurricane that hit them and delayed many of our AORS.
Thank you to all who answered my questions during these past months, if any one has any questions about the oath, feel free to message me anytime. Hoping all of your applications have a speedy process.
Hi, congrats on completing the whole process. I have my oath in progress already, but how long does it take to receive the email with the invitation details? Am scheduled to attend on april 17 as per the tracker.

jjll88

Apr 19, 2022
Hi, congrats on completing the whole process. I have my oath in progress already, but how long does it take to receive the email with the invitation details? Am scheduled to attend on april 17 as per the tracker.
Thank you. Wait a couple of days for the email just in case, if you don't receive it by next Monday I suggest you call them. I saw on another forum two applicants who were scheduled for the oath ceremony on the same day as me, however they never received an email with the information for the virtual ceremony and they were rescheduled for another date for the oath when they contacted IRCC. Keep a lookout on your junk mail just in case. Best of luck.

Ziko1505

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
uae
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
july 18,2018
AOR Received.
november 9,2018
File Transfer...
december 23,2018
Med's Request
november 11,2018
Med's Done....
november 16,2018
Thank you. Wait a couple of days for the email just in case, if you don't receive it by next Monday I suggest you call them. I saw on another forum two applicants who were scheduled for the oath ceremony on the same day as me, however they never received an email with the information for the virtual ceremony and they were rescheduled for another date for the oath when they contacted IRCC. Keep a lookout on your junk mail just in case. Best of luck.
Thank you.

azamat277

Jan 9, 2020
I completed my oath today, I am glad this process took exactly 6 months from the moment it arrived to their office, which was a day before the Hurricane that hit them and delayed many of our AORS.
Thank you to all who answered my questions during these past months, if any one has any questions about the oath, feel free to message me anytime. Hoping all of your applications have a speedy process.
Has your Citizenship Ceremony marked as completed in the tracker or ECAS yet? Mine is still showing 'In Progress' in tracker; and Decision Made in ECAS.

jjll88

Apr 19, 2022
Has your Citizenship Ceremony marked as completed in the tracker or ECAS yet? Mine is still showing 'In Progress' in tracker; and Decision Made in ECAS.
Ecas shows Completed and when you click to see the details it updated with the following message:
5. You became a Canadian citizen on March 22, 2023.

Tracker was updated on the March 25th with:
Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.
Congratulations!

Did you send the oath affirmation form? Perhaps they are updating the files as they start receiving this form or whenever they send the certificates.

Reactions: RandomUser514

azamat277

Jan 9, 2020
Ecas shows Completed and when you click to see the details it updated with the following message:
5. You became a Canadian citizen on March 22, 2023.

Tracker was updated on the March 25th with:
Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.
Congratulations!

Did you send the oath affirmation form? Perhaps they are updating the files as they start receiving this form or whenever they send the certificates.
Yes I sent the oath form on the same day we took the oath (March 22). I feel like they missed my email.

jjll88

Apr 19, 2022
Yes I sent the oath form on the same day we took the oath (March 22). I feel like they missed my email.
I was worried with sending the oath affirmation form as I had two different emails on the pdf information, I sent it the next day to the one that it stated on the last piece of paper which you are supposed to sign, I am hoping this was the correct email and not the other one. Don't stress and relax, give them some time, we were more than 200 applicants doing the oath that day, they are most likely taking their sweet time, as always.

Last edited:
Reactions: azamat277

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
My tracker has now gone into the permanent 'Loading' error. Since I have the oath email already, I'm not concerned but it appears this happens more commonly. Any update on the status on the file will fix it.

To my more tech savvy friends with curiosities, you can still view your statuses and updates if you go to the console (while on the page). You can see a whole bunch of JSON objects with data about steps etc.