Med's Request
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
29-08-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2019
This online citizenship application would be my last Canadian government related application that I would submit online. From now on, I'll do stuff in person or by paper and mail as far as possible. It's more than 3 weeks since the completion of background check and still no test invitation. I really regret to send my application online.
I understand u, but I don't believe paper is faster. If u are told to send additional Info there will be delays. Plus every submission is unique, Offices handling each application may also be slow because they may change priorities etc.. I started my online application Sept 12th 2022, and by Sept 15 , I was told to submit additional information. Then Dec 30th my Background Check was moved to complete and same day I received email to do my test which i did Jan 9th 2023 and it was updated to complete Jan 17th. Now waiting for Language, Prohibition & Physical Presence to be move to complete. My application when I started is not even up to five months. And I can't tell when the last stage will be. In my own opinion it does matter if it is paper or online.

arash2002

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
I understand u, but I don't believe paper is faster. If u are told to send additional Info there will be delays. Plus every submission is unique, Offices handling each application may also be slow because they may change priorities etc.. I started my online application Sept 12th 2022, and by Sept 15 , I was told to submit additional information. Then Dec 30th my Background Check was moved to complete and same day I received email to do my test which i did Jan 9th 2023 and it was updated to complete Jan 17th. Now waiting for Language, Prohibition & Physical Presence to be move to complete. My application when I started is not even up to five months. And I can't tell when the last stage will be. In my own opinion it does matter if it is paper or online.
At least in my case, they did not request any additional info. So no reason for delays.
I can say you've been very lucky in your progress. But if you look at the spreadsheet which is a sample of entire citizenship applicants, you can clearly see the most of those who get test invites are those who applied by paper. I really regret to trust ircc website recommendation "apply online if you can"

Reactions: ngozifat

CHIOMA OSSAI

May 30, 2020
At least in my case, they did not request any additional info. So no reason for delays.
I can say you've been very lucky in your progress. But if you look at the spreadsheet which is a sample of entire citizenship applicants, you can clearly see the most of those who get test invites are those who applied by paper. I really regret to trust ircc website recommendation "apply online if you can"
This assumption is not true
I applied online and already got test invite. It’s a waiting game with ircc and we just have to be patient

Reactions: ngozifat

arash2002

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
This assumption is not true
I applied online and already got test invite. It’s a waiting game with ircc and we just have to be patient
You are an exception. The fact that you applied online and got test invite does not necessarily mean that most online applications are fast. If you look at trends of recent months, the progress of paper applications has been faster.

For example, for the august applicants, 54% of all applicants were paper applications. If paper and online applications be treated equally, we expect 54% of all test invites belongs to paper applications. However, by computing what happened in reality, 67% of those who got test invite were paper applications. That's why I'm saying that they process paper applications faster.

Last edited:
Reactions: smaalam

infidel

Dec 17, 2014
What is the Test Interview date i see in the forum tracker? I completed my test but never got an interview invite. Is it a required step as i seem to be the only one without an interview in your tracker(among those that completed test)

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
What is the Test Interview date i see in the forum tracker? I completed my test but never got an interview invite. Is it a required step as i seem to be the only one without an interview in your tracker(among those that completed test)
Before Test and interview was compulsory for everyone. Now it's optional but the column is being copied from old sheets and still being used. Currently it means the date you gave your test.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
You are an exception. The fact that you applied online and got test invite does not necessarily mean that most online applications are fast. If you look at trends of recent months, the progress of paper applications has been faster.

For example, for the august applicants, 54% of all applicants were paper applications. If paper and online applications be treated equally, we expect 54% of all test invites belongs to paper applications. However, by computing what happened in reality, 67% of those who got test invite were paper applications. That's why I'm saying that they process paper applications faster.
What is your processing office? They have a major role in how speedily your application gets processed.

You are a Sep applicant and if you lose hope and patience so early it will become really tough for you to handle the whole processing cycle. Have patience. I applied as a paper applicant in June and got my Test Invite after six months. If you go to June tab in the sheet people have already got there citizenship done. But majority of them are from the Toronto side which is known for faster processing. My processing office is Ottawa and I have made peace with it that they will be processing it slowly. Online Paper doesn't matter for them.

arash2002

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
What is your processing office? They have a major role in how speedily your application gets processed.

You are a Sep applicant and if you lose hope and patience so early it will become really tough for you to handle the whole processing cycle. Have patience. I applied as a paper applicant in June and got my Test Invite after six months. If you go to June tab in the sheet people have already got there citizenship done. But majority of them are from the Toronto side which is known for faster processing. My processing office is Ottawa and I have made peace with it that they will be processing it slowly. Online Paper doesn't matter for them.
I don't know my processing office but I live in Toronto so there is some chance my office to be somewhere in Toronto. The source of my discomfort is that I'm ready for the test and have to keep these dates and names in my brain and review every few days to keep info fresh, without knowing for how many days or weeks I have to do it. If for example they say my test is one year from know, it would be much less annoying for me than this situation that I'm in limbo. The other stages after the test is not that important to me so whether oath to be in 3 months or 6 months.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I don't know my processing office but I live in Toronto so there is some chance my office to be somewhere in Toronto. The source of my discomfort is that I'm ready for the test and have to keep these dates and names in my brain and review every few days to keep info fresh, without knowing for how many days or weeks I have to do it. If for example they say my test is one year from know, it would be much less annoying for me than this situation that I'm in limbo. The other stages after the test is not that important to me so whether oath to be in 3 months or 6 months.
I was in the same situation like yours and was not sure when to start studying. I read the book once and took some practice test after I completed 3 months to get a feel of how the test is. Once I got the Test invite(after 6 months) with a window of 3 weeks is when I started studying religiously and making notes of the dates and all and gave the test after a week which I felt was enough time to study and practice.

Just a suggestion to not go for the grind till your Test is scheduled. It will increase your frustration.

Ranash

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Fingerprint results: Received on 25 Jan
, I received the update today.
The message says they will review them shortly.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
It's the date when you gave the test. I was confused too.

Sara_3107

Sep 15, 2022
Montréal
App. Filed.......
07-09-2022
AOR Received.
13-09-2022
Is there any Montreal applicants other than me who haven't received a test invitation yet? Or I've been left out alone on this deserted island ;(
Not really Iam in the same boat still no BG completed only two GU on 7th October and December 16th :(

i see how update getting fast for the rest and still no news for my case.

by the way I applied from Montreal but the AOR signed by Sydney NS I don’t know if this particular location are late in online treatment

anyone can advise please ?

Reactions: Sabricaincanada