+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
If you are planning to do online test, make sure that antivirus is uninstalled. For me antivirus pop up came on RHS bottom of screen and test algorithm asked me weather you have opened new window. i said No.
But my application went for review and delayed the process by one month
this is scary :-(
i had the pdf and test invite email open in 2 other windows from before the test began till it ended. i didn't switch to those windows but they were there in the backdrop. huh.

Ziko1505

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
uae
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
july 18,2018
AOR Received.
november 9,2018
File Transfer...
december 23,2018
Med's Request
november 11,2018
Med's Done....
november 16,2018
Congratulation how did you study what all links/youtube or website, can you please share
i read the study guide and downloaded an app called Called Citizenship test (white and red Logo). but honestly it was all from the study guide.

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
I did not receive any update yet just got background progress completed on Dec 24 nothing after that? what is the timelines they are getting test call now

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
exam will never be the same as the practice tests we all use (apnatoronto.com, richmond hill library etc.) but yes you get good familiarity with these practice tests. i personally found this faster/easier than reading the study guide. as for dates or names, try to find some "patterns" in the numbers or names in connection with the question, so as to create some recall value for the qn answer combination. like in my practice tests, there was some qn about some battle in June of some year, and its answer was JUNO beach. etc.
Thanks for your revert, that really helps..! so for the test you used apnatoronto.com and richmond anything else/?

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
How can I have update in the tracker, my record is already in the tracker, Just have to mentioned
in progress ecas - Sept 19, 2022
Background completed - Dec 24, 2022

@admin can you please update for my record under Sept 2022 tracker. Thanks,

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
did you pass the test ? can you please the links as discover canada has so many info like dates years and hard to remember
I am on same boat as you. Dates and years are trouble maker. But I would say read the book and try remember as much as you can. Remember you are still allowed to get 5 wrong. So try doing the easy ones first and get 15 right.

abandla

Jan 5, 2021
First GU: December 16
Another GU: Jan 17
Application updated in the tracker. No change in status and not received any email from CIC.

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
Was it easy?

My husband and I both found it pretty easy, although he struggled a little with remembering the names!
But we both found working through the online practice tests and especially going through the booklet a couple times really made it simpler
There is no getting around the fact that going through the booklet is the best chance for the test

Definitely needed to remember a lot of the names related to the history of Canada and who did what when.
Also, I personally found that just reading through the questions slowly and then answering helps too - the questions are not a direct match to the online practice tests, but they ask for the same information, so going through the practice test questions (and correlating them with the information in the booklet) can make the facts stick better in your brain (it did for me anyway :))

To be honest 30 minutes is MORE than enough time to answer all the questions, review any questions you are unsure of, and submit your test.
I think everyone has more than average chance of scoring 20/20

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
My husband and I both found it pretty easy, although he struggled a little with remembering the names!
But we both found working through the online practice tests and especially going through the booklet a couple times really made it simpler
There is no getting around the fact that going through the booklet is the best chance for the test

Definitely needed to remember a lot of the names related to the history of Canada and who did what when.
Also, I personally found that just reading through the questions slowly and then answering helps too - the questions are not a direct match to the online practice tests, but they ask for the same information, so going through the practice test questions (and correlating them with the information in the booklet) can make the facts stick better in your brain (it did for me anyway :))

To be honest 30 minutes is MORE than enough time to answer all the questions, review any questions you are unsure of, and submit your test.
I think everyone has more than average chance of scoring 20/20
Do we have the option to skip the hard questions and then come back to it later? Like do the easy ones first and then do the hard ones

fara81

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
Hi guys, I had a GU update on Jan14th in the tracker. I'm wondering how long usually it takes to see BG complete.