+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Thanks :). So mine just says application received as per this link.
ECAS will show application received until around the time when Background Check is complete. At which time it will change to "In Progress". It is the old way to track progress and is less fine grained. You can monitor both since you are an online applicant. Online applicants only have access to the new tracker

ady_997

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
IELTS Request
Up front
Med's Done....
16-01-2017
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
Yes because u just received AOR which is acknowledgment of receipt same as the status :) continue monitoring status in due course!

Also chk progress on this new tool as well:
https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/
Thank you so much for sharing this as well. :)I was able to register on this yesterday and everything is "in progress" here. But it just give information of one applicant and i have to login seperately for my spouse and my kid's profile

ady_997

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
IELTS Request
Up front
Med's Done....
16-01-2017
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
ECAS will show application received until around the time when Background Check is complete. At which time it will change to "In Progress". It is the old way to track progress and is less fine grained. You can monitor both since you are an online applicant. Online applicants only have access to the new tracker
Thanks for all the information. But i am not online applicant. I sent paper documents because i was applying with my spouse and daughter

ady_997

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
IELTS Request
Up front
Med's Done....
16-01-2017
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
So it means they started processing before sending AOR? it could be but doesn’t seem like the usual eh
Its the same for me as well. Today i got an email again confirming that my application was put in the system on 21st sept but my AOR is Oct 20th.

Trump sucks. Period.

Star Member
Oct 5, 2022
I'm also still not able to register. I'm putting an issue with the new webform (with just the last 7 digits after C00 and also explaining that issue in the description).
I got the following email today, I think as a result of that ticket, but still get the error when I try to create the account on the tracker.. I guess I'll need to submit another ticket.

Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application with the Citizenship Application Tracker
Dear Client,

Thank you for submitting your application for a grant of Canadian citizenship. Your application was created in our system on October 17, 2022 and is currently in progress.

You can now follow the progress of your application with our Citizenship Application Tracker.

The Citizenship Application Tracker allows you to check:

• your application status;
  • any next steps you need to take;
  • our progress with your application;
  • a timeline of your citizenship grant application history.
To create an account, you need:

• your unique client identifier (UCI);
  • your application number;
  • access to the email address in your application.
If you provided your representative’s email address in your application, they’ll check your status for you.

We look forward to welcoming you as a Canadian citizen.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Trump sucks. Period.

Star Member
Oct 5, 2022
On the bright side, the webform seems to accept the C00******* application number format now.. [NVM, that was because I hadn't selected "Grant" from the application type dropdown..]

Last edited:

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Too early to see any progress early
I wouldn’t expect anything this year to be honest

processing time is 25 months
Yeah true that. I saw someone from March 2022 got a test invite this month so I can imagine how behind they are.