+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
No necessarily “it means what it says” my friend

If you read what I said, my app was delivered on Sept 16th not Sept 20th and ecas says they received it to their office Sept 16th. However I got my AOR on Oct 21st. Does that mean they started to process my application on Sept 20th?
So you received your AOR on Oct 21st, but they may have entered your file in the system on Sept 20th meaning someone actually worked on the file on that day after receiving it on the 16th. After that they will forward the file to the next dept. who issue the AOR. Since AOR are coming through an automated system, it took time for you to receive it and that is why there is date difference. Consider Sept 20th as your processing date even though it won't make any difference as they are way behind right now.

Oksh1995

Jan 7, 2019
So you received your AOR on Oct 21st, but they may have entered your file in the system on Sept 20th meaning someone actually worked on the file on that day after receiving it on the 16th. After that they will forward the file to the next dept. who issue the AOR. Since AOR are coming through an automated system, it took time for you to receive it and that is why there is date difference. Consider Sept 20th as your processing date even though it won't make any difference as they are way behind right now.
Gotch ya, thanks !

Reactions: Sandy.gal

ady_997

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
IELTS Request
Up front
Med's Done....
16-01-2017
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
Hi Guys. please add me to the tracker as well.

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days:
Application: Family(2 adults. 1 child)
Application sent: 16th Sept
Delivered: 20th Sept
AOR: 20 Oct

successfully registered to check the status online today.

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Just reporting in case others are having similar issues,
AOR Oct 18, still unable to register for the new tracker, only eCas is up (status showing Received)

Message: Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Just reporting in case others are having similar issues,
AOR Oct 18, still unable to register for the new tracker, only eCas is up (status showing Received)

Message: Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet.
You might want to raise an Web Form under Tech issues at this point

New Web Form link:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
You might want to raise an Web Form under Tech issues at this point

New Web Form link:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application
Thank you @shiremag

When submitting the web form, it says the citizenship grant application number should be 7 characters.
  • Citizenship: The number must be 7 characters long and contain only numerals (no letters).

which makes no sense for me its 9 characters total? including the C00#######
do I need to just put in the 7 characters when submitting this form?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Thank you @shiremag

When submitting the web form, it says the citizenship grant application number should be 7 characters.
  • Citizenship: The number must be 7 characters long and contain only numerals (no letters).

Uh... That's annoying. Can you try the old web form?

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Also mention the error above if you are able to submit using the old web form

PS: The old web form has an option "Technical difficulties"

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Thank you @shiremag

I found another link to the webform and its a different form, perhaps an older link?
This is the other link I found: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Reactions: shiremag

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Thank you @shiremag

try to insert 7 numerals after C00

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
I used the second link that I found and submitted an enquiry under Technical issues. That one didn't complain about the full application number.

Reactions: shiremag

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
I used the second link that I found and submitted an enquiry under Technical issues. That one didn't complain about the full application number.
I think it would be worth it if you can submit a second webform about the issue with the new webform complaining about the Cit Application number length... They'll need to fix it sometime and maybe complaining/opening a ticket will bring it in their radar

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
I think it would be worth it if you can submit a second webform about the issue with the new webform complaining about the Cit Application number length... They'll need to fix it sometime and maybe complaining/opening a ticket will bring it in their radar
Yeah, I'm not sure what they mean by 7 digits. Probably what @jojee2k6 mentioned but that's a lot of guess work lol. No clear instructions on the help for that field either.

ady_997

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
IELTS Request
Up front
Med's Done....
16-01-2017
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
I have a very stupid question to ask.
What is ecas? I have seen it on several posts where you guys mention "in process ecas". And where can i find out if mine is in process or not? I logged in the other day and there were several "in progress" items in my application. Which one is specifically is ecas?