+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

infidel

Dec 17, 2014
Hi Everyone
Need some help with a potential situation I will be facing.
As mentioned in the below timeline tracker shows my BG check as completed on Dec 21st itself and 3 other checks are still in progress. From the timelines I am seeing for other Sept applicants here it seems very likely I maybe getting an invite for testing in the next few days. Now I have to travel to my birth country towards the end of Jan and will be retuning in early March. This is needed for an important ceremony and vacation time. Can I request that the Test be scheduled anytime after mid-March? Is there a possibility that I will be indefinitely delayed because of this? What are my options really?
Also in the unlikely event that I test in Jan itself will it impact my travel as I will be using the passport of my country of birth for the travel?
Also what a newbie question..what is the Ghost update you guys are referring to here?
Thanks

---------
Application Type: Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1,756
No of Applicants: 3 (2 Adult + 1 Child)
Application sent: Sept 06 , 2022
Application delivered: Sep 09, 2022
AOR: Sep 20, 2022
In Progress: Sep 21, 2022
Background complete: Dec 21 2022
---------

Reactions: Sara_3107

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi Everyone
As mentioned in the below timeline tracker shows my BG check as completed on Dec 21st itself and 3 other checks are still in progress. From the timelines I am seeing for other Sept applicants here it seems very likely I maybe getting an invite for testing in the next few days. Now I have to travel to my birth country towards the end of Jan and will be retuning in early March. This is needed for an important ceremony and vacation time. Can I request that the Test be scheduled anytime after mid-March? Is there a possibility that I will be indefinitely delayed because of this? What are my options really?
Also in the unlikely event that I test in Jan itself will it impact my travel as I will be using the passport of my country of birth for the travel?
Also what a newbie question..what is the Ghost update you guys are referring to here?
Thanks

---------
---------
You can reschedule by emailing them but you would have to proof the reason and have to be a valid one that proves you to be unavailable for the test. I think people who request their test to be rescheduled goes into another lot that will delay your further processing.

Sara_3107

Sep 15, 2022
Montréal
App. Filed.......
07-09-2022
AOR Received.
13-09-2022
Hi Everyone
Thanks

---------
---------
I know a Freind who was in the same situation and went to his birth country and asked to pass the test from their , because they check the IP address for the test online you should be in Canada but if you are outside for a valid reason you can still take the test after their permission and approve.

Reactions: infidel

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hi Everyone
Thanks

---------
---------
Normally you can request permission to take the test from outside Canada, but the oath has to be when you are in Canada.

Reactions: infidel

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
You can reschedule by emailing them but you would have to proof the reason and have to be a valid one that proves you to be unavailable for the test. I think people who request their test to be rescheduled goes into another lot that will delay your further processing.
As a general advice please don't reschedule, do everything you can to meet their timelines

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Everyone
Thanks

---------
---------
Wait for Test Invite as you can give the test from outside Canada too. Reply to the test email once you get it. For the test you either need PR card or Driving License(Or any gov card with photo and address). Passport does not come in picture. Ghost Update is when there is a date change on the tracker but no change in the status of anay of the activities. Also its very difficult to predict the test dates, so wait for it.

jinssbox

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2019
AOR Received.
01-01-2019
Med's Done....
12-02-2019
Passport Req..
09-08-2019
Hi
Anyone who received ghost update on Dec 16 saw any further updates yet?

YVRCan

Aug 23, 2022
I checked Ecas today and it shows that my application is "In Progress" January 6, however on the tracker I didn't see any GU

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Did anyone got their last update on Dec 16th and ecas still shows app received? I see a lot of people talking here about getting multiple updates as well ecas changed to in progress!!

Koyla

Aug 30, 2018
Urgent processing
Type: Online application/Paper application: paper
Physical Presence Days:1185
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) family
Application sent:10 Sept 2022
Delivered:15 sept 2022
AOR: 15 sept 2022
Husband BG check : Done 23 sept 2022
Wife bg check : pending
General update : 7 th oct 2022