+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Ranash

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hey guys Anyone in the same boat as me? I passed my test on March 23. No updates since then :(. All bellow process are on " In progress" status...
Is there something I should do?

• Language skills
    In progress

• Physical presence
    In progress
    Physical presence
    What does Physical presence mean?
    We need to review the time you've lived in Canada (physical presence).
  • Citizenship test
    Completed

• Background verification
    In progress

• Prohibitions
    In progress

• Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
    Citizenship ceremony
    What does Citizenship ceremony mean?
    If we approve your application, we'll invite you takeOath of Citizenship at the citizenship ceremony. This is your final step to become a Canadian citizen.
Application history
6 new update(s)
  • Mar 23, 2023

Activity status updated: Citizenship test New update
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Mar 3, 2023

Scheduled for citizenship test New update
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between March 3, 2023 and March 23, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Feb 24, 2023

Activity status updated: Citizenship test New update
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Feb 13, 2023

Fingerprint results: Received New update
    We received your fingerprint information on February 13, 2023 and will review them shortly. Thank you!
  • Jan 10, 2023

Fingerprints required New update
    Background verification
    We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints.
  • Sep 1, 2022

Application filed New update
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.

You need to wait at least 6 months after fingerprints received, they need to complete the security check which is take in average from 6-8 months

Reactions: canaco2023

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
What does your ECAS says?
Interestingly it shows Complete and under that updated to-

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 14, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 7, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 8, 2023.
  4. You became a Canadian citizen on July 13, 2023.
I stopped checking ECAS long time back coz there were no changes on it since Jan 8th, 2023. To my surprise, it did update this time lol. I guess when the tracker gets closed that is when they send the certificate.

Reactions: Oksh1995

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
If you are the applicant who is directly affected by IRCC delays and unfair processing of applications, or if you know someone who is, please sign the petition below so our voices reaches to IRCC and to express our frustrations and distress of this unfair treatment for applications specially those from 2021 and 2022. Please make sure this link reaches all who are in this dilemma and limbo!

https://chng.it/WCMDVDqKdk

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
If you are the applicant who is directly affected by IRCC delays and unfair processing of applications, or if you know someone who is, please sign the petition below so our voices reaches to IRCC and to express our frustrations and distress of this unfair treatment for applications specially those from 2021 and 2022. Please make sure this link reaches all who are in this dilemma and limbo!

https://chng.it/WCMDVDqKdk
I don't think us Sept 22 folks fall in this. This petition only mentiones applications for 2021 and early 2022.

"We, the undersigned, urge IRCC to take immediate action to address the backlog of citizenship applications submitted between end of 2021 and first half of 2022."

Reactions: Ranash

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
I don't think us Sept 22 folks fall in this. This petition only mentiones applications for 2021 and early 2022.

"We, the undersigned, urge IRCC to take immediate action to address the backlog of citizenship applications submitted between end of 2021 and first half of 2022."
its more 2022 applications, I believe second half of 2022 are moving normal, but you are still welcomed to sign and support who are stuck and might be stuck later on!!

Reactions: myra20sharma

bzbee

Star Member
May 24, 2023
Has anyone got good experience with e certificate
Got e-certificate just one day after the ceremony. The instructions to setup the portal was sent prior to ceremony (some folks got this after the ceremony when it was ready for download). Did not have any issues setting up the portal or downloading the e certificate. Kids were also included in one of the parents portal.