+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thank you so much! We still cannot log into ECAS - we tried every possible variant of his last name spelling, UCI, application number - nothing. We also tried calling IRCC several times, but couldn't get through. I guess we just have to hope it's updated.
Thanks again!
You can verify with the officer during the Oath ceremony so that they send the citizenship certificate to proper address.

Reactions: Scarpetta

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
From what we know, how long does a criminality check take. I have seen some quick ones and some that have been going on for a while. But what is "normal" for such a check. I don't really have any record that would cause issues, no travel in the eligibility period either. Security screening is already complete (according to IRCC).

Still waiting for an update after GU Jan 17. Nothing so far.

sdharan21

Star Member
Aug 14, 2022
Thank you so much! We still cannot log into ECAS - we tried every possible variant of his last name spelling, UCI, application number - nothing. We also tried calling IRCC several times, but couldn't get through. I guess we just have to hope it's updated.
Thanks again!
Someone once said here if I remember correctly ECAS is only for paper application. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Send them a webform asking to confirm if they have the new address. When I sent mine they responded saying it has been updated

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Someone once said here if I remember correctly ECAS is only for paper application. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Send them a webform asking to confirm if they have the new address. When I sent mine they responded saying it has been updated
That's correct. ECAS is only for paper applicants, they also have access to the new tracker
Online folks follow the new tracker only.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
From what we know, how long does a criminality check take. I have seen some quick ones and some that have been going on for a while. But what is "normal" for such a check. I don't really have any record that would cause issues, no travel in the eligibility period either. Security screening is already complete (according to IRCC).

Security screening is something which takes a long time. Sometimes a year too. Good that it is completed for you. Criminality check should happen quickly in my opinion. Have you tried getting the GCMS notes from CSIS ?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Security screening is something which takes a long time. Sometimes a year too. Good that it is completed for you. Criminality check should happen quickly in my opinion. Have you tried getting the GCMS notes from CSIS ?
Just to clarify... the responsible agency for security clearance is CSIS. However, the responsible agency for criminality check is RCMP

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Thanks, that is what I thought. If anything,
I haven't requested GCMS notes for my application yet, although if I don't hear anything until next week I will order them.

Oksh1995

Jan 7, 2019

I am in the same situation as you. I called multiple times and all confirmed to me "on different calls" that BG is complete but last I see is GU on Jan 19th

Matter of time I guess

Oksh1995

Jan 7, 2019
Just to clarify... the responsible agency for security clearance is CSIS. However, the responsible agency for criminality check is RCMP
From what I heard GCMS notes take long to arrive, like there is a current delay. Not sure if that is still the case