+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

jakez1314

Star Member
May 29, 2020
quick question guys, I got PPR few days ago and already sent out Passport for copr. My sponsor (wife) in canada recently moved address, I assume that the address in Canada will be the address my PR card goes to, do i need to update to new address? And if yes, is it via webform?

Thank you

Ksandhu94

Aug 25, 2021
quick question guys, I got PPR few days ago and already sent out Passport for copr. My sponsor (wife) in canada recently moved address, I assume that the address in Canada will be the address my PR card goes to, do i need to update to new address? And if yes, is it via webform?

Thank you
When you will land in Canada CBSA officer will ask you for the mailing address you can put the new address there. They usually put on the COPR and will ask you few general questions. You can inform the officer that your wife recently moved to new address.

jakez1314

Star Member
May 29, 2020
When you will land in Canada CBSA officer will ask you for the mailing address you can put the new address there. They usually put on the COPR and will ask you few general questions. You can inform the officer that your wife recently moved to new address.
thank you, i will be prepared

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
PA from Philippines.
Hope they start processing applications from countries aside from India and the US.
Yes I was also wondering looks like since last month there about its been only INDIA AND US getting PPR's at first I was thinking they are working again but realised its only India to be specific whilst other visa offices have gone in limbo since the election time. I don't know whether I am being bias but that how it has been from my view. Its very confusing ff files to relate these days.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes I was also wondering looks like since last month there about its been only INDIA AND US getting PPR's at first I was thinking they are working again but realised its only India to be specific whilst other visa offices have gone in limbo since the election time. I don't know whether I am being bias but that how it has been from my view. Its very confusing ff files to relate these days.
Yes, you're being biased.

Indian files are a significant percentage of total (largest) so any short-term sample is likely to give impression of being 'mostly.' And the flights only opened up recently (there were several months where almost no PPR being issued) so there's a backlog. Plus it's an English language forum. Etc. Etc.

Obviously the whole afghanistan thing means more likely that some countries whose offices can partly cover afghanistan might well be under-represented in that period too.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Yes, you're being biased.
Oh okay I see.
Indian files are a significant percentage of total (largest) so any short-term sample is likely to give impression of being 'mostly.' And the flights only opened up recently (there were several months where almost no PPR being issued) so there's a backlog. Plus it's an English language forum. Etc. Etc.
I am aware of the situation with India and understand how things are going. Maybe my comment didn't come out well. I was only implying how I was excited to know PPR's were coming, but realised most of them were from India. Which is actually a fact and your comment proves it.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am aware of the situation with India and understand how things are going. Maybe my comment didn't come out well. I was only implying how I was excited to know PPR's were coming, but realised most of them were from India. Which is actually a fact and your comment proves it.
I don't know that most are from India right now - it is possible (for a couple well-explained reasons) that they may be higher than normal, but also it is possible to see patterns (like 'most') that turn out not to be true (or only due to statistical reasons).

I underline the language issue as an example - logically Indians (and Amuricans) will be somewhat over-represented compared to Chinese, Arabic, Spanish or Russian speakers (for example). (Probably French too). Those are big chunks of the world.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
I don't know that most are from India right now - it is possible (for a couple well-explained reasons) that they may be higher than normal, but also it is possible to see patterns (like 'most') that turn out not to be true (or only due to statistical reasons).

I underline the language issue as an example - logically Indians (and Amuricans) will be somewhat over-represented compared to Chinese, Arabic, Spanish or Russian speakers (for example). (Probably French too). Those are big chunks of the world.
Oh ok, I get ya comment. Makes sense to.

Reactions: armoured