+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Thanks! I'll double check on the fee's. I know VFS has a pre-paid courier fee for there and back shipping, but I think since we only are sending in a photo copy of her PP, we don't actually need anything returned to us. I'll likely just send it in via USPS Priority Mail with tracking, which is what we used for her original application package.
If you read their website the VFS for NY is very particular.

You need to pay for at least their fee plus return courier. But, honestly, spend the extra few dollars and let them send you the FedEx labels for both ways so you're using their preferred process. You need to also send in Canada approved passport photo as well. They will return your CoPR with the photo affixed.

cnyel1967

Aug 8, 2020
If you read their website the VFS for NY is very particular.

You need to pay for at least their fee plus return courier. But, honestly, spend the extra few dollars and let them send you the FedEx labels for both ways so you're using their preferred process. You need to also send in Canada approved passport photo as well. They will return your CoPR with the photo affixed.
Thanks- yes, that's what we ended up doing is going with their prepaid shipping service via FedEx. Canada approved photos are in the works and we'll be sending everything in as soon as they send us the Fed Ex labels and we get the photo's done.

JClarke

Oct 8, 2020
Well I finally got SA after 13 months and biometrics request. I guess I'm bringing up the rear.
I’m pretty surprise reading your post. I got my AOR March 2021 and nothing since then. Not even SA. I think my speculation is right, India and US applicants are prioritized. May I know PA’s location?

mike24531

Apr 9, 2021
Just received the virtual landing email notifying me that my application for PR has been approved! After waiting such a long time for the initial AOR, I'm glad that things have been progressing fairly quickly in the past few months. Hopefully it'll be a quick process from here. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: expatgoingback