+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*** September 2020 - Outland Spousal (Family Class) Sponsorship ***

ElaYL

Aug 3, 2020
Got a passport request today!! I'm so excited, trying to find somewhere in the US to get Canadian sized passport photos taken if anyone has any info. :)
where about are you? i actually googled to find a studio that takes canadian passport pics… my husband went cvs and walgreens but they dont do it

YouMissedMyHeart

Jul 21, 2021
Congratulations! When was DM?
I assume at the same time, we are going through a lawyer and it wasn't updated when I was obsessively checking a couple days ago, haha

where about are you? i actually googled to find a studio that takes canadian passport pics… my husband went cvs and walgreens but they dont do it
Clawson. I tried to call AAA but they didn't do it so they redirected me to International Express and Woodward camera which both do it!

Also, what's the average time to get a COPR once you've submitted a passport? Is it fairly quick? From what I can tell from signatures it usually takes less than a month to get COPR. After that, would it be relatively quick to just move to Canada or are there other steps that will need to be taken? Thank you again for all the support you guys have given.

ElaYL

Aug 3, 2020
I assume at the same time, we are going through a lawyer and it wasn't updated when I was obsessively checking a couple days ago, haha

Clawson. I tried to call AAA but they didn't do it so they redirected me to International Express and Woodward camera which both do it!

Also, what's the average time to get a COPR once you've submitted a passport? Is it fairly quick? From what I can tell from signatures it usually takes less than a month to get COPR. After that, would it be relatively quick to just move to Canada or are there other steps that will need to be taken? Thank you again for all the support you guys have given.
actually it was less than a month… I would say from the time you sent everything out to get the COPR was less than 2 weeks for us… good luck!! we will be driving back to canada on the 13th of this month… so excited

YouMissedMyHeart

Jul 21, 2021
actually it was less than a month… I would say from the time you sent everything out to get the COPR was less than 2 weeks for us… good luck!! we will be driving back to canada on the 13th of this month… so excited
That's awesome, we've been doing long distance for a while (Hamilton - Detroit area) so I am so excited to finally be able to leave this weird limbo we live in!

Reactions: Korion and Famof5

cnyel1967

Aug 8, 2020
Received our PPR a couple days ago! Exactly 366 days after our original application was received in Canada. Still no DM yet, but assuming that will happen after we send in our information. A couple of quick questions. My wife is the PA and is a US Citizen and we are currently in USA. We're going through the Visa office in New York and from the paperwork we received, it looks like she only needs to send in a photo copy of the the bio-data page in her US passport and NOT the original passport....is that correct? Also, we were directed to a page that indicates we need to pay "just" the transmission fee? We have prepaid the Right to Permanent Residence Fee, so I don't believe there are any other fee's beyond the "transmission fee" . Is that correct? We are working on finding a photography place to take the PP photo's and as soon as we have those, we'll be sending in the packet to New York. Pretty exciting stuff!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Received our PPR a couple days ago! Exactly 366 days after our original application was received in Canada. Still no DM yet, but assuming that will happen after we send in our information. A couple of quick questions. My wife is the PA and is a US Citizen and we are currently in USA. We're going through the Visa office in New York and from the paperwork we received, it looks like she only needs to send in a photo copy of the the bio-data page in her US passport and NOT the original passport....is that correct? Also, we were directed to a page that indicates we need to pay "just" the transmission fee? We have prepaid the Right to Permanent Residence Fee, so I don't believe there are any other fee's beyond the "transmission fee" . Is that correct? We are working on finding a photography place to take the PP photo's and as soon as we have those, we'll be sending in the packet to New York. Pretty exciting stuff!
Basically correct. You'll have to check with VFS whether the 'transmission fee' (handling fee to send to consulate) is all, or - since not accepting in person - you'll have to pay some courier fee (to and from you and spouse).

Reactions: cnyel1967

cnyel1967

Aug 8, 2020
Basically correct. You'll have to check with VFS whether the 'transmission fee' (handling fee to send to consulate) is all, or - since not accepting in person - you'll have to pay some courier fee (to and from you and spouse).
Thanks! I'll double check on the fee's. I know VFS has a pre-paid courier fee for there and back shipping, but I think since we only are sending in a photo copy of her PP, we don't actually need anything returned to us. I'll likely just send it in via USPS Priority Mail with tracking, which is what we used for her original application package.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks! I'll double check on the fee's. I know VFS has a pre-paid courier fee for there and back shipping, but I think since we only are sending in a photo copy of her PP, we don't actually need anything returned to us. I'll likely just send it in via USPS Priority Mail with tracking, which is what we used for her original application package.
Again, check their site. I believe you will have to pay a packge transmission fee (handling to and from consulate). Then to return to you - depends on each country. You will still get the COPR in physcial copy (I think) so something will need to be returned to you.

Reactions: cnyel1967

ElaYL

Aug 3, 2020
Yes she will need the COPR send back to her!